t w e n t y - f i v e

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

t w e n t y - f i v e 

His eyes immediately settle onto her, form standing up and brushing his laptop and the files he had somehow managed to balance on his lap, into his rucksack. It's then slung onto his back, feet advancing towards the short wolf, currently talking to the human doctor.

Her shoulders are relaxed, and eyes don't well. That eases the beast pacing around within him. The beast always worried whenever she had a session, unsure of the state she'd walk out in. Most of the times, she'd be a little sullen, a little dreary. The journey back to their home, would be quiet and she'd keep her thoughts to herself. It would take a few hours for her to perk up again.

But that's not the case in this instance.

A smile graces her lips, causing them to curve up and compliment the soft roundness of her jaw. Cheeks are always a little chubby, smothered with their normal rosy hue. Wide eyes are twinkling in thought, and she has one leg curved around the other, hands loosely clasped behind her back. Curls are pulled up high on top of her head, and dark freckles ripple against her face.

She says her lasting goodbyes, and Mekhi gives a nod to the human, who leaves with a smile. Ember plants herself into the lycan, wrapping her arms around him, eyes closing in bliss when his lips kiss the top of her head.

The wolf tugs herself away, grabbing him by the hand and tugging him out behind her. The beast doesn't mind, tail tucked in and teeth put away for her. He's an easy compliance for her. She's got a skip in her walk, a soft mellow tune that's hummed. His heart warms with the sight. This had to be some form of progress.

Either way, the beast walks with a chest puffed out in pride, proud of his female.

The sun hits her skin immediately, the rays large and accommodating on this particular day. It sat high, even though it was merely late morning and noon hadn't been hit yet. It danced alongside the clouds, with forms that was large, fluffy and immaculately white. The sky was a brighter blue. Spring was being kind to them all today.

A hand comes up to shield her eyes, features practically glowing when she turns to her half. Ember's glad that she wore one of the pink plaid modest jumpsuits that had been put in her closet, which covered her up and didn't make her overheat, considering it was made from cotton. The sleeves were short though, meaning she wore a white long-sleeve underneath.

Luckily, Mekhi's bugatti had been parked in the shade, meaning it was cool when they both slide in. The hum of the engine is barely audible, and his hand is placed over her thigh, thumb curving a little inwards. The other rests on the steering wheel, and Ember sings along to one of the songs booming from the stereo. She's quickly grown used to the male's taste in music, and if not enjoyed most of it.

"Do you want to eat out, or would you rather have Javis make you some breakfast?" Mekhi asks, tone low and rough.

Her lips purse and her eyes scrunch adorably in thought.

"Um," it's drawled out for a few more seconds.

"Can we please pick up some breakfast, and then go to like a park or something? The sun is so pretty, I want to sit in it. Unless, you're busy?" her head dips in questioning. The male shakes his head, features tender as he agrees.

After picking up some breakfast tacos, the pair head to one of the human parks in the area. It's not that long of a walk, barely  a half of an hour, before they approach one of the few streams running through the area. It was relatively quiet, with only a few humans lingering around.