s i x t e e n

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

s i x t e e n

Night had fallen slowly, the blanket of darkness falling softly around the world in a protective manner. Thousands of stars intrude on this particular night, falling far into the world and standing with pride, watching the universe below them. Even the Moon has blessed the earthly creatures with her presence, form unescapable and proud, emanating a white glow upon all.

It falls through the pink curtains of Ember's room, causing the four walls to bask in the light. She sighs, turning to rest on her stomach and resting the side of her face on her arm, propped up on the pillow.

She couldn't quite pinpoint how she felt. The best she could make of it, was that she felt emptied now, free from a huge burden that she was still connected with. It's like she's been blessed with a new canvas, a new slate.

The beta didn't exist in her world anymore.

Now she truly only was Mekhi's.

Relief hounds her, but at the same time a new weight forms. Another mate, another half, another new beginning of life. Her brows curve. She's looking forward to it, and if anything the events of today was like finally cutting off all ties.

Her bond had long been gone from the beta, but he was still there, still a threat and still something to scare her. Ember knows that this won't make her entirely better, but it's still something that has freed her from so much pain.

She sighs, turning onto her back and hues sticking to the ceiling.

Her thoughts cloud, straying away from the male that can no longer walk the earth.

She knows the bond between her and the Lycan King was slowly becoming stronger by the day, strengthening and entwining them just a little more. She could feel him in her heart, a heavy, but pleasant presence that exists within her. He doesn't intrude into her head, or push her boundaries, and respects her private space. Ember needed that.

She never really tried, but here in the middle of the night, when sleep won't fall to her and all she can do is relive the moments of the day that had just passed, she can't help but think of him. The wolf nudges him ever so slightly, knowing teal hues hadn't drifted to sleep either.

Lips pout in the dark, brows curving sadly.

Mekhi's discomfort fills her chest, his uneasiness and restlessness slowly becoming her own. The wolf sits up in her bed, taking curls down from her loose updo, and pulling short legs out of the covers and onto the floor.

The body moves without telling the mind, carrying her on its own will, and before she knows it, she's found herself at his door, palms softly knocking.

It goes unheard, so with small palms, she pushes the wooden door open, eyes peeking through. His room is filled with the light from his lamp, but is empty. Her brows curve again, feet stepping into the room, curling into the grey carpet.

Her face heats up, skin warming as his scent wraps itself around her.

A frown forms on her features, once looking around properly. He wasn't here. She blushes hard, heart beating at a faster pace, and stomach fluttering.

She'd never been in his room before.

Her head turns to the set of balcony doors, strewn wide open and out into the night. Movements are soft and slow, as she pads over, halting at the threshold and letting nimble fingers curve around the hinge.