[Chapter 23]

In the middle of the night, Tatiana woke up abruptly by the sudden overwhelming urge to throw up. She bolted out of bed to the bathroom, making a run for it before she turned the carpets into a messy obnoxious scene. She darted in and a disheveled Silas followed shortly after, making it there by the time she started emptying her stomach's contents. He sat behind her, gathering her hair up intently and rubbing her back soothingly. She clung at the toilet seat, feeling like she'd crumble to the ground otherwise. After roughly five minutes of puking and heaving she was empty and relieved. She staggered back leaning on the wall behind her. He picked her up in his arms "Come on gorgeous, let's get you back to bed" Silas said and she halted him "Wait, I want to brush my teeth first" She said pointing at the sink.

He nodded and turned there, dropping her on her feet. She quickly freshened up while he watched her observantly. Then, he carried her back to bed, seeing her exhausted sleepy face. "You don't have to carry me" She said pitifully. He got her down and settled on the bed, before joining her "But you're tired, and I want to" He confessed making her heart beat more in synch. It's these little things that got to her like that. She threw the blankets over them "Still, you didn't have to follow me, you could've slept" She urges him, feeling guilty about interrupting his sleep often. He pulled her close and nestled his nose in her neck "How many times do I repeat this, it's not a bother. I'll gladly wake up with you every night if it meant caring for you and supporting you. Both of you" He said the last part as his hand tenderly caressed her stomach. He got up and lowered his mouth, kissing the unborn fetus through the flesh of her belly "Be a good kid and don't tire momma out too much" He whispered to the clueless fetus and she broke out in a laugh at the sweet scene.

"When do we get to know the gender? I want to know if my kid is a he or she" States Silas, looking up at baby mama. She scrunched her nose "I think in the next six weeks or so" She answers according to her knowledge and he nods. "Why? What're you hoping for?" She asked curiously, eager to know what he hoped for. He shook his head "Doesn't matter. What does is that it comes out healthy, everything else is complimentary" He spoke and she just had to tell him now. She couldn't wait any longer to confess to him, it was like self imploding, having to keep it in. She grabbed his face between her hands "I realized something earlier today, and I reckon I'm ready to tell you" She begins shifting closer and he nods "Yeah?" He asks rhetorically. "Yeah" She nods. "And that is?" He starts for her and she kisses him quickly on the mouth "I love you. As in, I'm in love with you" She spilled the words out, anticipating his reaction. He grinned sheepishly "Yeah? And what took you so long to realize it? I thought I was the only one" He says fake pouting and she widens her eyes. "The only one what?" She questions, unable to believe. "I thought I was the only one in love" He confessed and she kissed him thoroughly "You're not. I love you" She restates, not getting enough of the endorphins shooting through her body at the sound of the words leaving her mouth.

"For what it's worth, I love you. I think I have been for a while" He says while scratching the back of his head, nervous about admitting this. "Really, how long for?" She asks intrigued. "I can't specify. But I always had this feeling in my chest, ever since we met I knew you were about to change my life drastically" He confesses and she takes his hand squeezing "Change your life for worse or for better?" She let out chuckling sarcastically, he squeezed her hand back "For better. You always make things better. Now look at this little family we've established" He hugs her sideways, bringing her to his chest. She grabbed his hand, returning it to her stomach, only to cover her with her own "Indeed. The baby and I couldn't be happier about how our lives turned out. We love you" She said caressing his hand. He closed the space between them, taking her lips in the most gentle kiss, like they had all the time in the world. She liked the feeling, steady and safe, never urgent or hesitant. He calmed her mind and drove her heart insane at the same time. The best kind of combination.

They stayed up all night talking randomly. Conversing about the future; their plans and visions and insecurities. There wasn't anything more enlightening or relieving than sitting with your loved one late at three at night drinking tea with mint, chatting endlessly about the future you're building for yourselves. Like the type of happiness when one's asked 'where do you see yourself in five years?'. And Tatiana did see herself in the future. She saw herself and Silas still madly in love with one another after all these years. Maybe a kid or two more would be running around naughtily in the house, keeping them on their toes all the time. They'd become exhausted all the time from having to take care of the kids all the time, nonetheless they wouldn't change a single thing.

Her mind was running in all kinds of different scenarios when Silas pulled her to bed saying it's late and they both needed sleep, laying beside her, he pulled her to him and rested his arm at her billy securely. The action didn't go unnoticed by Tati, she smiled in her sleep like a fool and slept through the rest of the night soundly.