Chapter 14: Youth's Sword Tournament (part 5)

Start from the beginning

You finally decide to turn around, and to your surprise, it was Uda.

There she stood, slumped against the hallway wall, clapping her hands as fast as she could.

She was the only one clapping, but that didn't bother her one bit.

"Woohoo!", she shouted at the top of her lungs. "That was an amazing fight, Y/N! The absolute best of the best!"

The entire crowd stared silently at the two of you.

"You absolutely mopped the floor with him in an absolutely amazing way!" Uda continues.

Your face glows bright red in embarrassment as the crowd continues to watch on.

"You were so elegant with your sword too!", Uda shouts as she continues to clap.

You slowly begin to walk towards her; her rambling was too embarrassing for you to bear.

"You guys all saw it, didn't you", Uda shouts.    "Y/N is a better swordsman than every single one of you here, and he's gonna win this goddamn tournament!"

Your walk quickly turns into a fast sprint.

The crowd continues to stay silent, which frustrates Uda.

"Why?", Uda says. "Why can't you all see that Y/N is-"

You make it towards Uda and cover her mouth.

"Please", you say. "That's eno-"

You notice a singular tear which streams down Uda's right cheek.

"You're crying?", you ask.

Uda quickly wipes her tears away.

"She got upset on my behalf?", you think to yourself.

"Ah don't worry about this", Uda replies. "Something must have gotten in my e-"

You bring your arm out and place your hand on Uda's head.

"Huh?", she says as she begins to blush. "W-what are you doing?"

You let out a huge ear-to-ear smile.

"Thank you!", you say.

"F-for what?", Uda replies.

You stay quiet; your hand still placed on top of her head.

"Oh whatever!", Uda says, letting out a warm smile.

Uda then pulls you in for a massive hug, holding you so tightly that you could feel her heart beating... and something else... something soft.

Your arms were at your side. You didn't know if it was right for you to hug her back.

You eventually decide to hug her a back.

You slowly stretch your arms out and begin to bring them closer to Uda.

Something catches your eye before you are able to hold Uda - it was Daisy.

She had just left the bathroom, looking a little sad.

Daisy notices the two of you. She sends a dirty look in your direction before diverting her path, giving you no time to say anything.

"She was pretty mean, dontcha' think?", Uda says as she lets go of you. "Who was that?"

"Oh her?", you reply. "She's my sword instructor."

"Sword instructor hmm?", Uda retorts. "Isn't she a little too young to be your sword instructor? Heck, she looks younger than you."

"She is younger than me", you answer.

"Younger than you?!", Uda replies in shock. "I didn't know you were that type of person, Y/N. Just please make sure you aren't doing anything illegal, ok?"