"You're too good to me, Mike," you whisper.

You headed downstairs to the kitchen where your sons were waiting with the nanny and took your breakfast outside to the patio. It was a beautiful morning and you enjoyed having even a small sense of normalcy in your day.

After breakfast you passed the time reading as your sons, Christian and Samuel played with their cars on the living room rug. You felt sad that you could no longer get down on the floor with them so you compensated by watching.

You tried to focus on your novel but it wasn't long before your vision grew blurry, another annoying symptom of your illness. When you heard Michael's laugh drifting into the living room, you lost interest.

You noticed that he was walking with a young lady. She had long curly hair, big doll-like brown eyes, and was shaped like a coke bottle. You'd never seen this woman before and were curious as to why she was talking to your husband.

Michael noticed your stare and he grins causing the woman to turn her attention to you.

"Y/N, honey, this is Lorelei, your new nurse," Your husband announces.

Lorelei smiles at you and you force a grin of your own, sitting up straighter in your chair.

"Hello," you greet. "Thank you so much for helping out,"

"It's my pleasure, Y/N. Michael has told me all about your condition and your needs. I've never had a famous patient before. This will be a first. I hope we can be best friends!"

At first impression, Lorelei seemed perfectly sweet but there was something about her that made you feel uneasy. It didn't help that she was also very attractive.

The last thing you needed was a beautiful woman parading around your house while you looked disheveled and sickly.

"I'm no different than anyone else," you chuckle. "I hope you'll like it here at Neverland. The guest house is just as lovely,"

"I've got a room ready for Lorelei in the main house," Michael replies, running a hand through his short hair. "I thought it would be better if she were closer in case you have another episode. She'll be right down the hall from us,"

You tried to hide your frown. You didn't know this woman from Eve and here she was staying in your home. Perhaps you were being childishly insecure but just because Lorelei was now your nurse didn't mean that you owed her your trust.

She'd have to earn it.

***

"Yoo-hoo! I have lunch, Y/N!"

You rolled your eyes at the sound of Lorelei's voice outside of your door and turned the remote down on the television.

It had been two weeks since she'd moved into Neverland to serve as your nurse and you were trying your hardest to tolerate her. Everyone else around Neverland adored her, including Michael and the boys.

You thought about letting her go but you had to admit that she was very knowledgeable about your condition and you hadn't seen Michael this relaxed in a while.

"Come in," you call.

Lorelei enters the room flashing her toothpaste commercial smile as she approaches the bed with a tray.

"I've put your noon meds in the pill case," she speaks sitting the tray on your lap

You nod appreciatively as you sink your spoon in the bowl of soup.

"Have the boys eaten yet? I hope they're getting their veggies," you speak.

She'd ordered you on strict bed rest since she'd arrived so you only saw your children when you asked to.