The Boy Is Mine✨

Dangerous Era

Requested by @theemrsjackson .  So sorry it took forever.  Also, please know that this imagine does not reflect my  or the requester's personal opinion on Naomi Campbell. 

Fat beads of perspiration formed on your forehead as you shut off the engine of your rented jeep, a thick humid California heat rising off the sands of the desert.

The sun felt warm against your skin, a nice contrast to the chill that still lingered across the pond and the skin shone a vivid shade of blue. The scene looked like something out of a painting and you don't hesitate to snap a picture.

There was a wild, unappreciated beauty about the desert and you almost felt lost in it. If it weren't for the chatter of people and cameras lingering in the distance and the faux white temple smacked in the middle of the horizon, you'd be totally alone.

"Naomi, we need you back in place in ten!"

As you approach the set, you notice your gorgeous friend perched on the old fashioned convertible as a woman stops to powder her face, her rich brown skin glows in the sunshine.

She was beautiful without trying. After all, it was her job.

"Well, you weren't lying when you said this was in the middle of nowhere," you grin.

Naomi squeals at the sound of your voice, before hopping up from the car and rushing to you.

"Y/N! You're here!"

You giggle as the two of you embrace, gently rocking side to side. No matter how long the two of you had been separated, it never felt like the two of you had missed a day of each other's company when you were reunited.

You were visiting your best friend and supermodel Naomi Campbell on the set of the latest music video she was co-starring in.

The two of you had been close friends for years. You'd both gotten into modeling around the same time and sparked an unusual friendship that had grown into a sisterly bond.

When you'd first met, Naomi had been aloof and intimidating but as you'd gotten to know her, you adored her ambitious and headstrong personality.

In the past year, you'd grown restless and bored with modeling and had retired from runway shows altogether while Naomi's career had taken off tenfold. You missed the days of traveling together and did not always have as much time to catch as you'd like but recently Naomi had called you, ecstatic about a project she was working on with Herb Ritz and Michael Jackson in LA.

You had some free time and you figured a vacation in LA would give you some much-needed sunshine and a moment to catch up with your best friend.

You pull apart.

"If I wasn't here I'd be stuck in dreary London. I haven't seen Herb in forever either," you reply as you eye the coquettish two-piece white skirt and top she's wearing. "And look at you,"

Naomi giggles, tossing her long hair over her shoulder as she gracefully spins around.

"Sexy, innit? Herb didn't want anything to distract from my natural beauty. In fact, everything is so minimal,"

"Well, natural is Herb's expertise," you suddenly lower your voice, a small smirk tugging at the corner of your lips. "So where's Michael?"

You'd be lying if you said that part of the reason you'd flown down to LA was to get the opportunity to meet Michael Jackson and see him in action. For as long as you could remember, you'd had a crush. You'd save your allowance to buy his records and had always dreamed of meeting him.