Tournament

(Switching POVs back and forth in this chapter)

Scar.
Me pearl and gem raced to get to the elevator where the rest of the class is. We scooted into the crowded space "ahh I can't see anything!" Gem Said. Of course she couldn't see anything she was the shortest class member. The elevator was cramped then to make things worse one final person came in the elevator he looked like he was 6"1! He had a very strange mask it almost looked like darth Vader's mask he had black clothes too " excuse me" the dark raspy voice said "interesting!" Said pearl apparently she seamed very interested in why he wore that mask. The elevator started to go down I saw plenty of people ones with black hair and a mustache one with blond hair with goggles in her hair and my roommate impulse was stuck in a corner of the elevator. As the elevator opens all of us ran to get out of the cramped space!" "Ahh that feel so much better!" Said a guy with an red wool sweater. One of the teachers were there the had white hair and an ragged clothes and sandals for shoes! "Good y'all here finally we get to our little activity!" He said "now I'll uhhh split y'all into two teams!" "Excuse me but what are we doing?" Said the girl with the flower crown "oh they didn't tell you? Well I'll have to break it two y'all but y'all doing a little thing that we call team battles. You see team battles helps y'all get to know your classmates better. Plus it's fun to see what y'alls powers are! now y'all understand??" Pretty much everyone kinda got it by the looks on there faces "now ima go spit y'all in to two team one is blue and the other is red!" "Red team will have
false
pearl
scar
joe
Mumbo
iskall
Cleo
Jevin
Blue team
Grian
Tango
Ren
Xisuma
Bedubs
Gem
Stress
And cub!" Hey what about the rest of us?!" Said my roommate impulse "uhhh there's too much of y'all so the rest will have to wait till tomorrow?" So the people that weren't chosen had to sit down on the side lines to watch us play. I kinda felt bad for them not getting to show what they can do "ok first up is sparring Pearl and uhh the girl in orange hair I'm sorry I forgot your name goes first! Whoever wins uhhh will advance to the next challenge!" So Gem and pearl were going against each other I went to see if pearl was doing ok "pearl?" "Oh scar I didn't see you there! Do you need anything?" "No I was seeing if you were ok?" "I mean fighting against my friend isn't exactly what I wanted but I guess I'm up for it!" "Don't worry pearl I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines!" "Thanks scar!" "No problem!" 'Will pearl come to the arena please?"

Pearl.
As I walked into the arena I knew that I would have to fight against gem but I didn't know if I could Gem was across the Field from me it looked like she two wasn't to ok to do this "go!" With that gem charged right to me I dodged her swift approach then I saw her throwing something onto the ground then out of no were a gigantic plant burst from the ground and gem commanded it to get me it took all my strength to hit the plant away from me after that I knew that gem wasn't going to chicken out of this. I took in a deep breath as the plant rushed back towards me then like I was the flash I put my hand onto the ground and used my power the plant stopped it worked I stopped it then I raised my hands and the plant started to rise out of the ground then I released it and it fell onto Gem I knew that would distract gem only for a little bit so I started to lift rocks of the ground one by one till I got what I needed. Gem was back on her feet and this time she moved her and around and big long vines came out of the ground headed straight towards me I flung my rocks at the plants and me and gem met in the middle of the chaos and started a hand to hand combat as gem used her plants I used my power to reverse her attacks soon I started to feel tired then I decided to give it my all and I put my hand out Gem saw and raped her weed around my hand it  hurt because it was a thorn plant. I grabbed onto the plant and used my power to fling both the plant and gem into the sky. I jumped after them and used the last of my strength to end this battle as I was going to finish her I felt something... something so powerful that I let it lose next thing I knew Gem was falling I was falling the plant was blackened and my hand felt sore. I knew if I didn't save gem she would get badly hurt from the hight that she was flung to I moved slowly towards gem. Reaching my hand out to her I grabbed her and used my power to get us both safely to ground. As soon as we were safely on the ground the old man ran up to gem to see if she was badly injured but luckily she was fine "well pearl wins and moves on to the next round!" "But I didn't feel like I won though!" "pearl" He said in a very nice tone "Gem gave it her all so did you, even though she wasn't strong enough to defeat you she will one day." My teammates cheered "woohoo go pearl!" I smiled but deep down I wondered what did I do that nocked out Gem.