Ten

"And there goes the last of the-" she paused, turning the bottle to the side to read the label before pouring dumping its contents in her glass, "2005 Cabernet Sovignon."

Taylor lifted her head up from the carpet and looked at Karlie, lying not too far away from her, who was swishing the red liquid around in her glass. "Really?" She looked at her own, which was painfully empty.

Taylor set the glass down and rolled over to where Karlie was. "Hey." She smiled, trying to charm the taller blonde into giving her the last of the red wine.

"Hmm?" Karlie raised an eyebrow not looking at her, eyes trained on the bottle infront of her.

"Nothing." She paused, admiring Karlie for being her curious self. “You have really beautiful eyes, you know that?” She accidentally blurted out.

Karlie placed the bottle down and let it roll away on the carpet and then shifted to face Taylor. “Taylor, where do cats come from?” She asked her, picking up that Taylor was helplessly under the influence of the alcohol.

Taylor laughed before staring hard at something in front of her, thinking of an answer. “Uh… Buttholes?” She replied, almost confident with her answer, followed by a hiccup.

“Did I just make that sound?” Her eyes went wide before erupting into laughter. “I guess I did!” Another hiccup followed and she laughed at herself once more.

"What's Taylor Going To Do Next?" Karlie thought to herself as she made up a name for the series of events that were to unfold. "We're at the first stage. All-out dorkiness." She smiled to herself, admiring her in her dorky state.

Karlie sat up, legs crossed before grabbing Taylor and making her sit cross-legged herself in front of her. “Okay okay.” She laughed. “Maybe sitting upright will help with your little hiccup situation.”

“But what if I don’t want it to go away?” Taylor scratched her temple, questioningly. “It’s kinda-“ She was cut off by yet another hiccup. “It’s kinda endearing to me. Don’t ask why.” She laughed at herself before plopping back down, unwilling to get rid of her hiccup.

Karlie propped herself up on both arms. “Oh really?” She raised an eyebrow at the very drunk Taylor as she picked at something in front her on the anqiue persian carpet.

“Yeah. I mean, it’s become like my baby now.” She looked up. “I don’t even know what that means, but it makes sense to me. Does it?”

“Whatever you say, Turtle.” Karlie smiled before searching around for her phone. “So you’re a mom now. huh? A mother to a hiccup?”

“Well, yeah. I think.” Taylor scrunched up her eyebrows, processing. “Pretty much.”

Karlie found her phone under a couple throw pillows thrown on the floor and unlocked it. The phone read 2:29 am. "Guess we better tell Andrea now, huh?" She said jokingly, unaware that Taylor took it seriously. The next thing she knew, Taylor was dialling away on her phone.