Seven

“I’d say this taco is snazzy.” Ed adored his cheesy gordita crunch before taking a bite of it and sighing as he sank down into his seat.

“Just hits the spot, doesn’t it?” Norman laughed, turning to Ed who was now devouring his taco.

“Shit!” Norman cursed under his breath as he made a sharp right turn at the last minute, causing the now sleeping Taylor to tumble on to Karlie.

“Awww. You couldn’t get enough of me, could you?” Karlie smiled as Taylor fixed her messy hair and looked frantically everywhere. “What happened?” She asked, yawning.

“Sorry, ladies. Almost missed the turn and the next thing I know, Ms. Swift is tumbling around.” Norman said, looking in the rearview mirror.

 Karlie smiled, putting an arm around Taylor. “It’s fine, Norman.”

“Where are we?” Taylor asked, snuggling into Karlie’s chest, her eyes threatening to shut.

“We’re close.” Karlie stroke her hair, assuring her.

“Close to where?” Ed leaned over from the front seat, licking his fingertips.

“Taylor’s apartment.” Karlie replied. "And Mer's and Olivia's and other random bugs'."

“Sounds fun. So what do you guys have planned? You know, besides throwing cat treats at those balls of fur?” Ed asked.

“I was thinking about setting up the Ikea furniture.” Karlie stretched her legs, totally forgetting that this was supposed to be a surprise for Taylor.

“Wait. What ikea furniture?” Taylor looked up, her blonde hair still all around her face.

“You know, the ones I was gonna give you for Chris-“ Karlie stopped mid sentence. “Shit. Well, Merry Christmas!”

Ed laughed before sitting back properly, eyes taking in the New York scenery from his car seat, snapping a couple photos every now and then. "Man, New York's beautiful."

“I thought since Mer kept messing up your furniture, you needed new ones.” Karlie explained, while moving away all the stray hair from her face, revealing her deep blue eyes which Karlie loved very much. "I had it delivered to your apartment this morning."

“And how exactly did you know exactly what I needed this year, Santa Kloss?” Taylor raised an eyebrow, a smile forming on her lips.

“Drunk speed dial calls.” They both said simultaneously, Taylor forming an 'o' with her mouth as she put everything together.

—————————

“So another cup of coconut milk.” Karlie read the cookie recipe out loud, “Then you mix it in with the rest of the dry ingredients. Okay.”

Karlie was just preheating the oven when her phone on the counter started to ring.

“And you showed up -” Karlie sang along to her ringtone as she walked over to her phone. “Just in time.” She finished as she caught her phone, about to fall from the edge.

The screen flashed ‘Pathetic Cat Lady is calling’.

More like the ‘Pathetic Cat Lady I am hopelessly in love with is calling’. She tapped ‘answer’ and held the phone up to her ear. “Yellow.”

“Karlaaaaaaaaaaay.” Taylor cry-whined on the other end.

Karlie leaned on the counter. “What is it this night, Bambi or The Lion King?” She smiled, imagining Taylor scrawled across the floor crying like a little child with a bucket of popcorn.

“Nooooo. It’s Toy Story 2, when Jesse gets abandoned.” Karlie heard a thud which probably meant Taylor fell off the couch. “Just like how people abandon me.”  Her voice started to drift off before she started drunk-crying again.

“Oh, you’re a wreck. I’ll be over in a few.”  Karlie grew serious.

“Please hurry. Mer’s here completely ignoring me as she scratches my furniture.” Taylor silently said before she hung up.

Karlie cling-wrapped her cookie dough, turned off the oven, grabbed her car keys and headed out the door.

———————-

Karlie rung the doorbell, “Taylor, it’s me.”

She heard heavy and irregular footsteps approach the door. “How do I know it really is you, Karlay?” Taylor questioned ridiculously from behind the door. Alcohol does what it does best.

Karlie did their ’super top secret’ knock, which was just the beat to a Queens song before Taylor finally opened the door, falling into her arms. “I’m so glad you’re here.” Taylor smiled as she whispered in Karlie’s ear, resting her head on her shoulder.

“Alright, let’s get you settled.” Karlie held her up for support and closing the door behind them. “But we have to finish the movie.” Taylor whined. “Watch it with me?”

Karlie sighed but gave in. “Alright. But after this, you’re going straight to bed. You hear?” Taylor nodded as she cuddled up next to Karlie on the couch.

Mer was scratching away on the leatherette ottoman before Karlie shooed her away. “Away with you, spawn of Satan.” Karlie joked as Taylor stared at a piece of popcorn before popping it into her mouth.

Not too long after, the credits started to roll. One by one, everybody's names were being flashed.

“Karlie, please never leave me.”  Taylor craned her neck to look up at her.

“Taylor, I’d never leave you. Even if there was this girl named Karlie Kloss-“ she started “who had eyes the color of moss shooing me away from you. Ever,” She cracked a little smile in attempts to cheer Taylor up.

“Pinky promise?” She held up her pinky finger.

“I promise. And I love you, Taylor.” Karlie admitted without hesitation. “I really do.” She looped her pinky finger around Taylor’s, but she was already off to dreamland.

Olivia came into view and eyed her as if to say, ‘Welp, it happens to the best of us’ before rolling onto the carpet.

 Karlie shut off the television, shut the lights off then finally shut her eyes close.