S2, EP 9: Date

*weekend before hero internships; Sunday*

Izuku woke up from a nap, one morning, he had woken up too early and went back to sleep. He'll admit it was one of the best sleep ever. But now it was time to start his day.

He rolled over and sat up, rubbing his eyes that have yet to open. But when he finally did, he made eye contact with Y/n who was reading a book on the floor. Awkward...eye contact.

"Uh, wh-what are you doing here?" He blinked a few times to make sure this wasn't a dream. She took a sucker out her mouth, he glanced at her backpack next to her.

"Uh, y-your mom s-said I c-could stay here—until I get my th-thing sorted out..." it's been an hour. She's heard him snore, talk in his sleep, almost fall off the bed.

"Oh, heh..." he sheepishly brought the covers up to his chest.

"I'm s-sorry, I'll l-let you get r-ready." Before Izuku could say anything, she left out the door with her book and the stuffed toad.

'Hang on Mr. Toad, this is gonna be a ride.'

Izuku got ready, not that he had felt violated—maybe a little, but he wondered what had actually happened. He hoped her family was okay and pondered how long she'd stay.

Y/n's phone rang, she immediately picked it up, hoping it was her brothers—but nope. It was a FaceTime.

"Y/n! See Bakugo, I told you she would answer." She heard him tch. The lighting wasn't so great at the moment. Y/n went into the living room next to the lamp.

"Did you need s-something?"

"Actually yeah! Bakugo wanted to know if you come over for game night—"

"SHUT UP I DID NOT SAY THAT!"

"I'm gonna go r-read," Y/n said with her finger on the red button. "Nerd!" Kirishima yelled.

Y/n stuffed her phone into the pockets of her red sweater.

And somehow, she ended up convincing Izuku to go on a date with her. Just as she said at the sports festival,

"L-lets go on-on a d-date after th-this, okay?"

She meant it. She didn't know where it go, was the problem. She barely goes out and when she does it's either to school or for grocery shopping. It's extremely rare she goes out to eat. So to find a place was frustrating, Izuku agreed with whatever she suggested. Which was annoying on her part.

She had changed into a yellow t-shirt and black jacket. But she underestimated the size of the T-shirt and has to keep pulling it down. And mysteriously, she lets her hair fall in her face as it pleases. To cover up this scar, she's thinking of bangs...

But eventually, she found an extremely interesting place. To infer what was like a cafe, but a restaurant that gave off totally different vibes. It seemed to catch her eye.

"Uh, L/n-Chan do you—" but Y/n knew his question and held up a red credit card. They sat down at a table with wooden chairs, near some pretty plants.

"You didn't steal that did you..." he asked suspiciously.

"No! It's m-my s-sister, sh-she left it for me." She opened the menu, Izuku raised an eyebrow.

'What's soba?'

"Left it for you? Like a present—"

"In her will. Izuku, sh-shes dead."

"Ah! I'm so sorry!"

"It's fine!" She smiled as she examined the golden paper.

"Remember? It's ours."

She smiled at her thoughts, she seemed more at peace with the thought then she did last week. Y/n had only gotten that news a few days after, that's what pissed her off. That her mom felt the need to not tell her. That she felt the need to not invite her to her funeral. That's unforgivable.

And they ordered. Y/n ordered something called soba and Izuku ordered katsudon.

After the waitress came with their drinks, Y/n sipped her drink while looking at Izuku. Not taking her eyes off him. It made him quite uncomfortable. It wasn't a certain look either, just a look.

Until he finally blurted out, "Is your...scar healed?" He said nervously, she propped her head up. It was all he could come up with, even though he already knew the answer. He could see it under her hair."Sc-scar?"

"On your forehead..."

"Oh, I think so, it doesn't hurt." She then ran her fingers through her hair, setting it back and allowing him to see her whole forehead. Then she covered the side of her face with her hand. And an embarrassed expression was written on her face.

"Oh wow

"Oh wow..." he muttered. She quickly let her hair fall back into her face. "Wh-What's wrong?..." she said sadly.

"Oh no! That's not what I meant! It's just...you're...beautiful.."

"What was th-that?"

"Uh, I-I said you're—" he said while waving his hands in the air frantically. "I didn't say anything!"