Chapter 6

Emelia's pov

"Let me style you!" Olivia shrieks, standing in front of the dresser with her eyes shooting a glare as if I'm naked.

I stand by the mirror tracing the body of my reflection wearing a full-sleeved floral print top with a V neckline and denim. My hair is wet from the 20-minute therapeutic shower I just had.

"No thanks Olivia" I answer as I pat my hair strands with a towel.

"Will you ever stop dressing like an oldie?"

Olivia can be so blunt at times.

"Will you ever stop howling on my clothes ?"

"I can't help myself! With the body you have, I could like maybe beat Jennifer Lopez or something but here you are, who loves to dress like a priest!" Olivia throws her opinion on my face.

"Stop Olivia" I laugh as I run the brush down through my hair. No matter the number of times I'm advised, 'you shouldn't brush damp hair', I just cannot let my hair air dry without brushing through. Unless I want a bird's nest on the top of my head.

"Let me style you em please please please!" Olivia frowns, pouting her lips.

"Style a peanut butter toast for me, please? I am starving."

Olivia huffs as she turns her back to me and walks briskly to disappear from the dressing room.

"I can see you marrying a jar of peanut butter and cereals in your future !" Her voice reaches my ears from the outside.
I smile and spritz my favourite vanilla scent and surge to the room to grab my canvas and stationary.

"Here you go, priest." Olivia hands me what I asked for and I bring it to my lips instantly.

"Th..an..ksh....wuh..livia" I struggle to eat and speak at once. I munch the toast and hold the remaining bread with my left hand and shove the other arm into the sleeve of the grey overcoat.

"So are you both going together?" Olivia asks the awaited question.

"No, I will be going there by bus and if he is into it he can join me." I dust the bread crumbs glued to my lips with the back of my hand, grab my phone and give a mini hug to Olivia.

"Aight seeya, Olivia!" Emerging out from her release, I grab my canvas and the bag I had my stationaries in and head out of the house.

                          *********

Breathtaking.

I stand there, Mesmerised.

This place is more beautiful than I've seen in pictures.
The winter sky illuminated by the sun into an orangish-pink shade shines before the frame of my eyes. Flamborough head lighthouse structured on the cliffs, adds up to the beauty of the view. I stand on the narrow route with massive and lush green cliffs in front of me with seagulls chirping from a distance. My breath fogs in front of my mouth and gets heavier as I hike uphill in between the cliffs, slicing the cold air blanketing the atmosphere.