Chapter1

Emelia's pov

"What do you mean by day after tomorrow!" I lashed on the guy on the other side of the phone.

"Mam we're sorry, we didn't guarantee Miss Olivia about tomorrow. The screen has to be replaced and the-"

"Okay get it done ASAP I am in urgent need of my laptop." I cut his words and hang up.

"Olivia!" I yell and turn around holding the phone in my tightest grip. My eyes reach Olivia's back facing me, her curly blue hair tied in a small bun with head jamming to the shitty tunes she is hearing to.

"Olivia!" I shout at my highest pitch.

Only if I could throw her AirPods out of the window,

I march to my bed and in no time I trip over a box rolling me to the  floor,
Whole of my body weight falling on my knees igniting the painful nerves.

"Oww my knee! Olivia could you keep these boxes aside?! You drive me crazy! Olivia!!"  I scream this time and kohl eyes turn towards me.

"Jeez, Emelia! You could have asked me to shift, you didn't have to rest on the floor" she grins as she grips my arm to lift me off the floor.

"Okay, ssup?"

"Olivia, my laptop was supposed to be at the doorstep by today right?" I get to the point ignoring the flecks of pain in my knee.

"Oh yeah maybe."

"Maybe? What do you mean by MAYBE"

"Well, he said by today or tomorrow," she mumbles biting her lip.

Wow.

"I'm sorry I didn't mention the 'tomorrow'."

Now I feel sorry for shouting on that guy.

"And you didn't even bother to inform!"

I am about to explode.

"I'm sorry em, there was just so much going on the whole week! Moving in, arranging all necessities, dealing with Miss Janet and clearing my mess from the dorm. I'm sorry?" She pouts her lips and eyes me for response.

Part of me agrees with her. She has helped me so much since I have moved to Yorkshire from NYC. She convinced the very obnoxious miss Janet for a 2BHK at a satisfactory rental. Moved out of her dorm room to stay with me. Had my mom satisfied that I am SAFE here.

Helped me with the university things and had a whole heavy metal photo frame crush my laptop's screen!

Just the night before the very first day of my dream university.

Focussing only on the latter I blurt,

"How am I supposed to attend uni tomorrow?"

"Well. You should keep a typewriter in case of emergencies Emelia" she grins.

How is this girl even.

"For God's sake Olivia."

"Cmon em! you're always a cry baby, look at the positives darling. We'll have a day off! Set up our floor, our rooms and go sightseeing?" She says with puppy eyes.

"As if we have the option to attend the university?" I huff caressing my knee with my palm.

"You look like a rotten egg with that face" She laughs and hugs me, I hug her back smiling at the lame statement despite being pissed.

It is what it is.

Yup, that's what we all say when we are left with unwanted happenings around us.

I somehow manage to convince myself into thinking it's just one more day Emelia.

I'll be able to join the university of my dreams in no time.

Struggle will be worth it.

It's okay just another day.

One more day.

Oh god, A whole day.

I need to stop.

"Okay but first let's clear the clutter so I don't break my leg," I say breaking myself from the haunting thoughts.

"Sure lad," she mocks.

The house was two-storied and spacious.
Me and Olivia were living on the second floor as Miss Janet had informed us the first floor was JUST for her near ones. Wow. A nice thing to say to the tenants who just moved in. On the ground floor Miss Janet lived with her 2 pets.
A rabbit and a dog.
Poor babies.

Three hours later we were done with setting up our rooms, kitchen, finishing up three large pizzas and coke we had ordered, having five calls with miss Janet assuring that all her apartment (and not us obviously) will be fine, calling mom and explaining I needed a day more before joining the university.

I could not tell her about my laptop. I was not in the mood for having a whole lecture about money, carelessness, money savings. And her struggles in the past.
The furniture was set into a clean, pretty dining room with a Samsung TV infront of the sofa set.

We were now drained and ready to doze off.