Chapter 7

Thanit's pov: 

"Is that why I'm able to understand him even though he can't understand himself when he talks since he doesn't have a tongue?" I asked after a few seconds.

It's not surprising that you're able to communicate like that considering you two have such a strong bond. Arianna answered.

I slowly nodded.

After a few minutes, hell's gates opened. 

Took them long enough. Song muttered. 

I stared silently as I watched the devil king and his wife come out through the gates. 

They were followed by multiple other devils. 

I looked behind us when I heard heaven's gate open as well. 

Multiple angels came out. 

I blinked profusely. 

We'll need some help bringing in all the new souls. Amara said. 

I nodded and looked back at the souls. 

New ones had stopped appearing. 

It seems that death has finished his task. Ohm spoke up. 

Go to them, little soul. It won't take too long. Arianna looked at Tae's soul who was still snuggling to my chest. 

But he didn't move. 

It is no problem. Let him be. Amara said. 

A loud ringing of a bell sounded out of nowhere. 

I blinked profusely.

That sound can mean only one thing. 

A bright light shone from above. 

It wasn't harsh to the eyes. 

It was instead soothing. 

Souls who have been wronged. I give my sincerest apologies for being negligent of my duties as the one in charge of the afterlife. I have been quite weak due to some unforeseen circumstances for a while and some subjects took advantage of that to do as they wanted. However, I will make sure such a tragedy is never repeated again. A deep voice rang in the air.

Then the surroundings brighten 100 times blinding me. 

I had to close my eyes because I couldn't handle the bright light. 

The light dimmed after a few minutes allowing me to open my eyes. 

I was startled when the first thing I saw was a pair of golden eyes staring right back at me. 

It took a few seconds for my mind to process the fact that the pair of eyes belonged to none other than Tae. 

My jaw dropped low as I took a slight step back and looked over him. 

His hair was now pure white. And his complexion was paler as well. 

He was as tall as me and had a great build now. He was wearing what looked like royal attire.