Chapter 7

Third Person POV  

Today's the day. After months of waiting to find out about Buckbeak's demise, Hagrid is back with the Ministry's decision. Harry, Kelsey, Hermione and Ron are walking out the courtyard doors, heading toward the Black Lake, but there is tension between the male Weasley and Hermione. The other two aren't really noticing hostility between their friends and twin.

They're more preoccupied with how their hands keep bumping together as they walk, neither wanting to move away from the other.

"Beautiful day." Hermione says, glancing up at the sky.

"Gorgeous." Ron narrows his eyes as he walks. "Unless, of course, you've been ripped to pieces."

"Ripped to pieces?" Harry asks, confused, looking toward them.

"What are you talking about?" Kelsey asks, looking toward her brother.

"Ronald has lost his rat." The dark haired female scoffs.

"I haven't lost anything! Your cat killed him." Ron gasps in offense.

Harry and Kelsey glance at one another, knowing just how this conversation is going to go. They've probably had this conversation a million times by now, but Scabbers has never been missing for more than a few hours.

"Rubbish." Hermione shakes her head.

"Kels, you've seen the way that bloodthirsty beast of hers is always lurking about." The red-haired male says, glaring toward his female friend. "And Scabbers is gone."

"Well, maybe you should learn to take better care of your pets." Hermione calls back toward him, walking farther and farther ahead.

"Your cat killed him!"

Kelsey shakes her head as she watches Crookshanks jump up onto the cement wall, licking her lips. Harry puts his hand on her lower back, ushering her toward the long wooden bridge, hoping that's not why Scabbers has disappeared.

"Did not!" Their argument continues.

The two silent companions follow behind them, making their way across the bridge and down the large staircase. After walking about ten minutes through the trees, they find Hagrid standing in the knee-deep shadows of the Black Lake. Well, what they consider his knee deep since it's a lot taller. It'd be waist deep or higher for them, at least.

Hagrid's wearing a gigantic, hairy brown suit and perhaps the world's ugliest yellow and orange tie. Hermione and Ron stand on one end of the rocky ground near the lake while Kelsey and Harry sit on a boulder, watching their large friend skip rocks.

"How'd it go, Hagrid?" Kelsey calls out to him. "The hearing?"

"Well, first off, the committee members took turns talking about why we were there." He says before skipping another rock. "And then I got up and did my piece, said how Buckbeak was a good hippogriff, always cleaned his feathers. And then, Lucius Malfoy got up. Well, you can imagine. He said Buckbeak was a deadly and dangerous creature who would kill you as soon as look at you."