Chapter 5

Third Person POV

A few days later, Ron, Harry and Kelsey are sitting in their Defense Against the Dark Arts class, waiting for Professor Lupin to appear. Harry is sitting at a table alone across the aisle from the youngest Weasley Twins, who were placed together. This isn't unusual since professors quickly realized a while back that separating them wouldn't stop them from talking.

Since Kelsey's name comes first in the 'Kelsey and Ronald Weasley' duo she's placed closest to Harry. She leans back so Ron can see Harry, but stays in the conversation. The classroom door slams open and Professor Snape struts into the room, waving his wand to shut the shutters on the windows, forcing the room to get darker.

The sound of the shutters closing causes students to quiet down and look at him, very confused on why the Potions Professor was in their classroom. When he makes it to the front of the classroom, he pulls a cord, letting a large white sheet hang beside him. He turns around and looks at the students before him.

"Turn to page 394," he says, slowly in his monotone voice.

Listening to the professor, every student pulls out their books, flipping slowly to their sections. Snape begins to walk down the aisle, watching the teenagers.

"Excuse me, sir, but where's Professor Lupin?" Harry asks, leaning toward the empty seat next to him.

"That's not really your concern, is it, Potter?" Snape says before continuing down the aisle. "Suffice it to say, your professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time. Turn to page 394."

He reaches the back of the classroom and taps the projector to get it started. He notices that Kelsey is already on the page but her twin brother is flipping through his book slowly, page by page. He frowns and waves his wand, flipping it to the page for him. Ron jumps slightly and looks down at the page.

"Werewolves?"

"But, sir, we've only just begun learning about Red Caps and Hinkypunks," Hermione says, suddenly in the room as she often does nowadays. "We've not meant to start nocturnal beasts for weeks..."

"Quiet," Snape says, sternly.

Ron leans slightly toward his sister before whispering, "When did she come in? Did you see her come in?"

Kelsey shakes her head before glancing over at her friend with a small grin. Hermione bites her lip, hiding her own before pulling out her book from her shoulder bag. Snape begins to walk toward the projection sheet while speaking.

"Now. Which one of you can tell me the difference between an Animagus and a werewolf?"

Hermione and Kelsey both raise their hands to answer the question but the professor keeps his back to the students.

"No one? How disappointing," he says, turning around.

"Please, sir. An Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice," Hermione speaks up as the picture changes on the sheet. "With each full moon, when he transforms, he no longer remembers who he is. He'd kill his best friend if he crossed his path. Furthermore, the werewolf only responds to the call of his own kind."