Chapter 3

Third Person POV

Hagrid picks Harry up by the waist causing the duo to lose grips on each other's hand.

"Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey! Hagrid!" Harry protests.

"We'll jus' set yeh behind the wing joints." Hagrid continues before walking to Kelsey.

"Hagrid. No..." She starts but he ignores her complaints.

He picks her up as well before sitting her down behind Harry and without hesitation, she wraps her arms around his waist, not wanting to fall off. No one notices the small blush on Harry's cheeks at her actions.

"Don't pull out any of 'is feathers! He won't thank you for that!" Hagrid says before smacking Buckbeak on the behind.

Buckbeak jumps up slightly onto his two hind legs causing Harry to lean forward, wrapping his arms around his neck. The beast drops to all fours again before he gallops forward at a fast pace. When he gets to the rock wall, his wings unfold, huge and powerful, and jumps into the air, taking off. Not used to being in the air and definitely not liking heights, Kelsey screams.

Harry screams along with her but not as scared. They begin to soar higher and higher into the sky. Students run over to the wall to watch the duo as they disappear from their eyesight. Buckbeak flies back toward the castle, but neither of the teens want to let go. Kelsey keeps her eyes closed tightly as Harry looks down at the ground to see students walking in the yard.

The beast soars by the towers of the castle before flying toward the Black Lake. Buckbeak gets super close to the water before gliding over it. Harry sits up slightly and smiles down at his Buckbeak's reflection.

"Kels, open your eyes." He says softly, knowing she's too afraid.

"Nope!" She shakes his head against his back.

"It's amazing. Look!" He says, sitting up even more, finally letting the beast's neck go.

She takes in a shaky breath before opening her eyes as slowly as she can. From where her head rests against Harry's back, all she can see is the mountains and some water. She loosens her arms around her best friend a little, but never fully lets him go. She looks over his shoulder at the sight before them.

"Woah..." She whispers. "It's beautiful."

"Yeah it is." Harry whispers.

She looks up at him slightly to see him watching her. She blushes as he looks away quickly, not realizing she caught him. He takes a second before putting his hands out, screaming and laughing in excitement. 

Kelsey giggles at her best friend before squealing slightly as Buckbeak flies up causing Harry to lean forward, wrapping his arms around his neck again

The beast flies back toward the forest. Hagrid catches sight of Buckbeak in the sky so he whistles to capture his attention. He flies around some trees before circling around, landing on the ground and galloping a few steps to a stop.