[12]

Blue's POV

People swamped us. I was punched in the face and kicked in the stomach. The kids trying to harm us in any and every way possible.

I was pulled up by the arms, my hands were bound behind my back and there was a gag in my mouth. Murphy was in the same state beside me.

"No! Get off them! Get off them! Let them go! You can't do this! Get off me. No! No! You can stop this! They'll listen to you!" I heard Clarke yelling from somewhere. I assumed the last parts were directed at Bellamy.

When I looked up I saw Murphy standing on a crate with a noose around his neck and I let out a muffed scream.

As quick as I could, I punched one of the boys holding me in the stomach and kicked the other where the sun don't shine.

I had been stripped of my machete and my shirt was torn to bits, slowly falling off my frame.

I rushed to stand in front of Murphy's hanging form, stopping anyone from kicking that box from beneath his feet.

My shirt fell the rest of the way off, a tattered mess on the floor. I felt that familiar burning sensation, bones twisting and moving to accommodate the changes and slowly my wings unfurled behind my back. 

Sky kids all around stopped dead in their tracks, gawking at me like i had just grown a second head. Then again, I sort of had. Through the crowd I spotted Bellamy and Clarke staring at me in absolute shock. All around mouths were agape and I almost wanted to hide.

It was silent for a few seconds. 

Then chaos ensued. Kids all around began shouting and screaming and running. My hands began to tremble, flashes of the same reactions in previous times. 

"What is it?" someone shouted and my heart broke. 

"Abomination." 

"Monster"

"Freak"

All around me sky kids were shouting and pointing. 

I cursed through the gag and used the sharp point on one of my wings to slice through the bounds on my hands. Quickly I brought my newly free hands up and ripped the gag out of my mouth.

Everyone was still in shock staring at the pitch black wings. It was then that everyone noticed the blood coating my face. It being Black instead of red and all.

When I reached down and grabbed a dagger from my boot, they snapped back to the reality of the situation.

I smirked at the boys near the front. A challenge. Daring them to try get past me. Three boys ran forward in a dire attempt to defeat me. I slashed my dagger across the first's chest, creating a a gash, big enough to stop him from coming back but not enough to need immediate medical attention. The second boy received a hilt to the side of the head.

The third was a bit more skilled. He managed to knock the dagger out of my hand.

 He managed to knock the dagger out of my hand