#2 Meetings

Words: 1180

—— HyunMin POV ——

"JiSung!" 

I turn to where the new voice came from. There a boy is walking towards us with a big smile on his face. He has longer grey hair, a simple dark t-shirt paired with black jeans. He is light on his feet, almost floating forward, despite the big sneakers. No heartbeat. I sigh quietly in releaf. Vampire.

I look over at JiSung and he has a very sweet smile on his face. Probably a friend.

"Hi." JiSung answers, almost sounding shy.

The new boy continues, "You found your room yet?" JiSung sighs and answers "Yeah and this is HyunMin, my roommate." We greeted each other and he introduced himself as Felix.

"So, what's with the big sigh? Don't like the room?" He turns back to JiSung.

"No no, the room is fine, it's the location that's weird." My roommate answers.

"Ooo, where is it?" Felix asked, suddenly very interested. We look at each other before speaking again, both at the same time "Human floor"

Felix's eyes widened and his mouth opened slightly, "What?" He sounded just as shocked as he looked.

"I'm pretty sure you heard, but a human floor. In building two." I answer sarcastically with an attitude, putting a smile on Felix's face and forcing a slight giggle from my new roommate.

"Wait, you guys are serious? You really have a room on a human floor?" Felix questions.

"Yeah, apparently it's 'cause there weren't enough rooms on the vampire floors to hold all vampires. So a few are staying on human floors. We went to ask the office." JiSung answered his question.

"Wow" is all Felix managed for a response.

Before anyone has time to continue the conversation I accidently mumble my thoughts out loud, "Isn't that odd." The two vampires turn to look at me, waiting for me to continue.

"I mean, a year ago they wouldn't have dreamt of putting vampires and humans on the same floor, 'for safety' they always said." I pause for a second taking in their faces full of thought, while also gathering my own thoughts.

"And I'm pretty sure just like, ten years ago the different buildings had signs that told you if you were even allowed to enter. So I can't help but find it kind of nerve wracking that they are doing this. Why not just say no to some students or set up temporary rooms for them while building something." I stop suddenly after realizing that I'm rambling and look up at the two boys, whose expressions have adapted slight concern.

"I think you are over analyzing the situation." Felix speaks up.

I nod and hum, "Yeah, you're probably right."

A short silence settled before JiSung spoke up, completely changing the subject, "So, where did you end up? Close to ChangBin?"

Felix blushes a little as he answers, "Yeah, actually I did. He is in the same room as before and I ended up on the fourth floor in the same building." As he speaks a smile keeps growing on his face. Cute.

"Really? Why are you so lucky?" They both laugh at that, which in turn makes me smile. Even though I am not that comfortable in the situation, after letting my thoughts run wild and jump to conclusions, add to that the fact that there are a lot of humans around.

But that is why I am here, to face that and work on getting better.

They continue their conversation for a bit and I end up just standing there. If they ask me something I, of course, answer but that's about it. While standing there I start looking around the campus.

It's still full of students making their way to their new homes to unpack and get settled. But there are also a few crowds scaterd around and on the grass some are even sitting down. It looks to be older students talking amongst themselves for the most part. Though some of the groups are both new and old students. Maybe asking for directions.

While looking around I spot this guy, quite muscular with black hair, walking towards us. I internally panic once I realise he is human. Why is he coming here? I have to get out of here! I close my eyes for a second to collect my thoughts before turning to JiSung.

"Hey, I think I'm gonna head back to start unpacking. It was nice meeting you Felix." JiSung just nods. "It was nice meeting you too, HyunMin." He is getting close. Talk faster!

I smile and turn around, but before I can take my first step, JiSung speaks up again. "HyunMin, wait. Before you go, say hi to ChangBin."

At the name Felix lets out a 'huh' and I assume he turned around. "ChangBin!" It was followed by footsteps heading away from us. I close my eyes while turning around and putting a smile on my face.

—— JiSung POV ——

After Felix walked off to meet ChangBin I turned back to my new roommate. She was in the middle of turning back around with a small smile on her face.

Felix and ChangBin came back, their arms hooked. They are too cute. I bowed my head in greeting before with a little laugh saying, "I see your fashion sense has gotten better." He was wearing dark gray military-style pants, decorated with some chains, with black boots. He also had a black thin jacket over a once black shirt.

ChangBin chuckled a little before answering, "Yeah, It's 'cause you haven't touched my closet in a while." We all laughed at that, even HyunMin let out a little chuckle. Which reminds me.

"Ooh, I was so surprised by your outfit, I almost forgot. ChangBin, this is HyunMin, my roommate." She nodded and ChangBin spoke up, "Hi, nice to meet you."

"Yeah, you too." She greeted back. She looks really nervous.

After a short silence she spoke up again, "Well, I'm gonna go. It was nice meeting you and I'll see you around." She smiled softly before walking away. My eyes stayed on her figure for a while before turning back to my friends.

"Is it just me or did she completely change towards the end there?" Felix asks when I turn back around. Although I think he was just thinking out loud I respond with a soft, "Yeah, maybe a little. She seemed a bit overwhelmed."

"Maybe she was just tired?" ChangBin says and I hum. But vampires don't get tired.

"Anyways, are you settling in ok?" ChangBin continued. "Yes, I haven't unpacked yet though." Felix responds with the brightest smile.

We continued our conversation for a few minutes before ChangBin's phone went off, startling all of us. He got a call from a MinGi, he told us he was his roommate. They were going to get something to eat and wanted to know if ChangBin wanted to come too.

"Yes, I'm starving! And I'm bringing some friends!" ChangBin said and ended the call. "You guys want some food? We are meeting in front of building one."

Both me and Felix nod. "Great! Let's go."