CHAPTER 24

“WHO SAID YOU CAN RUN around without flipflops?” Masungit na tanong ng mayordoma na may palakad-lakad pang sinusuri si Anica at ang mga katulong, kasali na rin si Ophelio.

“S-Sorry?” nagdadalawang isip na sambit ni Anica. Napaisip s'yang hindi s'ya dapat narito. Isa pa ay wala silang karapatang pagalitan s'ya dahil hindi siya nakatira sa pamamahay na ito.

“Who says you can run, shout in the mansion? And who gives you the rights to shout at young lady?” the way everyone stilled because of mayordoma's mere presence, Anica thought that she was powerful.

“Ophelio, the master asked for you and why are you here?”

Y-Ya me v-voy, mayordoma!” (I'll go now, mayordoma!) Ophelio said and immediately walked away without looking back.

Bakit ba ako nadamay sa galit ng mayordomang ito?

Anica sighed and decided to get the flipflops they want her to wear them, just walk away from them calmly. She held a grip on herself and followed where Ophelio walked.

The mayordoma said that the master called for Ophelio, so maybe, he's on his way there. Somehow... I wanna see what he looks like. What he seems like. I — I just wanna took a glance of him — or them.

“Young lady, where are you going?” the maid whom never stopped on chasing her.

Anica didn't mind them and continued to follow Ophelio. She felt that the others were following her. Their careful footsteps and calm breathing was enough to confirm that they'll never leave her alone.

“Good day, Your Excellency!” Ophelio greeted someone. Anica stopped taking a step and stilled on her place. She stayed in the midst of the alleyway.

“Buenas dia, Ophelio!” the husky voice of an old man. Anica felt the aching of her chest, and her palms were all cold and shivering. She was nervous for an undefined reason.

“Is she awake?”

“Yes, Your Excellency. The Young Lady woke up and she's well, on what I see.” Ophelio politely answer.

“Did you found Dolion?” Anica's hands turned into fist. Sapat na ang narinig nya para masabing totoong pinagkabili lamang siya ni Dolion.

“Yes, Your Excellency. He'll come here after two days since he has family matters, he said.” Ophelio then answered.

“But that's not the matter why I called you, Ophelio.”

“You're one of the most highly skilled and experienced Close Protection Officer and is the grandson of a former Guardia Real which convinced me that you're good enough for the job I am offering you.”

“You will be the personal bodyguard of my daughter.” the old man said and Anica's brows furrowed.

“I would be a liar if I say I don't want to. I'll wholeheartedly accept your offer, Your Excellency.”

Anica sighed and stepped in the conversation, “You don't have to, because he doesn't have any daughter.”

Anica gazed on the man in front of Ophelio who was wearing a maroon loungewear silk paired with a velvet dress silk robe. He seems to have just woke up.

“Chisana—”

“I am Anica Carcueva, a daughter of no one. My parents died 25 years ago after I was found in an abandoned jeepney when I'm only 3 years old.” She bluntly said and looked at the old man straight to his amber eyes. Yes, Anica and the old man has the same amber eyes and nose shape.

“I want to leave silently and pretend that I didn't see you, Sir.” she hissed and turned her back on them.

“And please, don't let your man follow me or you'll never find them alive.” she threatened and haste out. When she was already outside the mansion, she clearly saw how big, wide and elegant the mansion was.

If only they did not abandon me, maybe I had lived my life luxuriously. I would never face this chaos in life. If they didn't abandon me, maybe, this traumas I have never existed. And maybe, I won't meet that man... Dolion.

“But things happens.” she whispered to herself while trying to stop her tears from flowing. Tumingala siya sa langit at pilit na pinipigilan ang pagtulo ng kanyang mga luha.

“Huwag ka umiyak. Kaya mo 'to, okay? You lived your whole life without those people! Nabuhay kang walang magulang, ngayon ka pa ba susuko? Kaya mo 'to! Walang iiyak.” she comforted herself while looking at the clear blue sky and stopping her tears. She took a deep breath and held a grip of herself before walking away from that mansion.

SHE FOUND HERSELF standing right in front of Dolion's house. She was planning to get her things. She was desperately hoping that the man is not inside the house so, she could disappear with no words. Bumuntong hininga siya bago pumaso sa bahay.

She was welcomed by the loud noise and messy floor. The heaviness became even more heavy for her. The things scattered around the floor, the vase being broken into pieces and those unarranged couch was enough to say that Dolion caused a havoc last night. A teardrop escaped her eyes and her heart feels even more heavy.

“Sana hindi nalang kami nagbakasyon. Baka hindi ito nangyari.” she bitterly said and wiped of her tears.

“Ahh! No time for this, baka maabutan nya ako.” she hissed and went upstairs. After she got her luggage and all her stuffs, she stood up. She was about to go out when two pictures in the floor caught her attention.

Her picture with a name ‘Chisana Arielle Bel Monte’ and the other one was them... A stolen picture of Anica and her friends with Dolion taking the selfie. 

Anica cried aloud and wasn't able to stop her tears. She was weeping so hard as she felt so helpless because of the plot twist in her life. She was all devastated and don't know what to do. Her grip on her luggage tightened as she cried aloud.

“Ang sakit. Subrang sakit, parang 'di ko kaya!” she shouted in despair. She felt like she was stabbed continuously on her chest and she was choking with melancholy as she can barely breathe.

“Masakit, subra.”

FAITH
•|| fairyf8tales ||•