CHAPTER 9

ANICA DON'T KNOW what to feel. Kanina pa pasulyap-sulyap sa kanya ang mga kapamilya ni Dolion. Eisenhower family is an old money family but expect for the fact of them being such a royalty, they were weird in Anica's perspective. They're too secretive that they won't send the woman to the hospital whom is currently unconscious in the bed right now.

May sinasabi pa ang mga ito na labis na ikinagulo ng isipan ni Anica. Si Dolion naman ay komportabling nakasandal ang ulo sa balikat nya habang nakapikit ang mata kaya hinayaan nya nalang ito. At, patuloy lang na nakikinig si Anica sa di nya maintindihang pag-uusap ng pamilya ni Dolion.

“There is only one way for this, everyone!” Armitox exclaimed, isa sa mga kasama nila. He just came after Aeson did.

Anica thought that this Aeson and Armitox are the doctors of the family.

“What now?” pasinghal na tanong naman ni Bylur. Bylur is the woman's boyfriend, Anica guessed.

“Hydra's vapor and blood? So I can make an antidote.” 

Bahagyang nalukot ang mukha ng isang lalaki at tiningnan nito ng matiim na para bang may kasalanan ito, “You said there is no cure for this?”

Ita! Sed non possum... Modo non possum hanc pretiosam mulierem mori, quidvis volo facere ut remedium eius facias.”

Lalong walang nainitindihan si Anica nang nag-latina ang isa nilang kasama. They continued to talk until everyone's eye were pinned to Anica and Dolion.

Kinalabit ni Anica si Dolion nang mapagtanto n'yang nakatingin ang lahat sa gawi ni Dolion. Agad namang nagmulat si Dolion at tumingin sa kanyang mga kasama.

“Quid est?”  puno ng pagtataka n'yang tanong.

“Get Hydra's blood and vapor!” Armitox demanded Dolion like he was the one being incharge with everything. Anica's brows furrowed in confusion.

Ano ba yang blood and vapor na pinagsasabi nila? Kung baliw si Dolion, lalo pala ang kanyang mga kasama.

“Why me?”

“Because you're good at tricking people— everyone??” nakataas ang kilay na sagot naman ni Armitox. Anica looked at Dolion. Dolion pressed his mouth shuts and sighed.

“Why do you guys just do it for petesake! I'm having my own bu—”

“Okay, fine! You guys are freaks.” he gasped in disbelief. Seeing how Dolion can't say no to them, they must be special and this must be a very serious matter.

“Before that, I'll just drop this pretty princess home and I'll be back with that vapor and blood thing,” Dolion said and puts his arms on Anica's. He turned his back on his friend and waved for a bye. Anica vowed for a goodbye before Dolion pulled him out.

When they we're in the car, Anica was all silent thinking about what just happened. The weird things happened in the mansion is not just weird... It's not just simply weird, it's driving me insane.

“You know...” Anica started. “Uhmm you know I was just ignoring all those weird things happening in that house! But... I can't just stay quiet about it...”

“Hmm?” Dolion just hummed.

“But first... You won't take me there if you don't want me to see those fucking weird things, right? So, you took me to that mansion to see those.”

Anica shifted on her seat and looked at Dolion with full of curiosity in her eyes.

“They teleport?” Dolion harshly pulled off, breaking.

“What?” He asked for clarification. Hu looked at Anica with confusion in his eyes.

“They teleport. They do, no doubts.” She concluded.

“Then, what's that blood and vapour they are referring to? Do you guys poison someone or you're trying to heal that woman?”

Dolion crossed his arms and smirks. “Aren't you afraid?”

Anica crossed her arms too and smiles to him seems like she was unbothered.

“I'm not afraid of anything, Dolion.” saad ni Anica at pakibit balikat pang ngumiti rito.

She got herself a bottle of water and opened it. Dolion was silent so she proceeded on drinking the water. Dolion looked at her and smiled like a fool, his face was showing that he was thinking of something foolish again.

“We ain't human.” bigla nyang singit na ikinagulat ni Anica dahilan para pumasok sa ilong ni Anica ang tubig. Napaubo-ubo sya sa kagaguhang ginawa ni Dolion habang ito ay parang mamamatay kakatawa. Anica glared at him and sighed.

She took a tissue and wiped off the water full of frustration.

“What the fuck! What the f did you say?” She asked and shook her head in frustration. Dolion looked at her and sighed.

His expression turned dead serious, “I said, they ain't human. I mean... We ain't human.”

Tumango-tango si Anica na para bang naniniwala ito.

“You don't believe me.” Dolion harshly sighed.

“Tell me more about you guys, then.” Anica said full of determination. Anica shifted on her seat again and placed her feet above her seat then looked at Dolion. She was like a kid who was ready to listen to some fairytale stories.

Malapad na ngiti ang gumuhit sa labi ni Dolion at kanyang inabot ang ulo ni Anica para guluhin ang buhok nito upang di makita ang pamumula sa kanyang mukha.

“Mamaya ko sasabihin sayo lahat. Sa ngayon, iuuwi muna kita. May kailangan pa akong gawin.” Pambabara nya sa sabik ni Anica.

“Fine! I'll wait for you in your gable house.” Anica said in disappointment and settled down properly.

“Okay!”

DOLION DROPPED off Anica in front of his mansion and then drove off to his destination. Nang pumasok na sya ay agad nyang tinungo ang gable house ni Dolion. Nagtanong sya sa nakita nyang katulong kanina kung saan ang mga kaibigan nya at sabi nito'y naglilibot pa sa buong bahay ang mga ito kung kaya't dumeretso nalang sya sa gable house ni Dolion.

Anica went inside to Dolion's room and lay down on the bed. She looked at the empty ceiling thinking of possible things about they had talked a while ago.

It's not impossible. He was weird since first.

He got to escape things and people easily.
He can go somewhere, anywhere without even spending lots of time.
No man can control someone's mind like what he did to me before.

“What is he?” she whispered to herself.

Natigil ang kanyang pagmumuni ng biglang malakas na katok ang kanyang narinig.

“Nic!” Sigaw ng pamilyar na boses. Anica sighed in relief, it was Narsixius.

She stood up and opened the door. Namilog ang mata nya ng bigla syang niyakap ng mahigpit nito.

“Nar—”

“Uwi na tayo.” sambit ni Narxixius.

FAITH
•|| fairyf8tales ||•