5

Harry was laying in his crib, dummy bobbing in his mouth. He was meant to be sleeping, but he felt wide awake. He watched as the snitches on his mobile spun above him, enjoying how it soothed him. What he wouldn't give to go on a broom ride right now, even if it was only for a few minutes.

That wouldn't happen anytime soon, thanks to draco. No, draco wanted him to be immobile and dependent.

As if on cue, the nursery door opened and draco walked in. He neared the crib and leaned over the bars, looking down at Harry.

"What are you doing up, little one? It's way past your bedtime, and daddy doesn't need a fussy baby on his hands." Draco said, reaching into the crib to pick up Harry.

"Not sleepy." Harry mumbled behind his dummy. Draco tsked at him gently and brushed his hair with his fingers.

"It's not your choice when you sleep, baby. I'm your daddy, I just want what's best for you." Draco said. He carried Harry to the rocking chair and sat, cradling Harry securely to his chest. "Daddy will stay with you until you're asleep. If you want, I can get you something to help you sleep." Draco said.

Harry thought this over. Being able to fall asleep quicker meant draco would leave him alone sooner.

"Okay." Harry said. He expected some sort of fatigue spell or other, but was surprised when his dummy was removed and a bottles nipple took its place. He liked his warm milk, so he drank it cooperatively. Draco began rocking, soothing Harry further.

In only a few short minutes, Harry was halfway to sleep. It was like he was floating on a lake, and the water was sleep. He listened to the quiet rocking of the chair and dracos soft breath. The door creaked open, which stopped draco in his tracks.

"Draco, what is all this?" Came a woman's voice. Harry's heart stopped briefly. It was the voice of narcissa malfoy, dracos mother.

"Mum... I-I can explain." Harry heard draco say. He could feel draco's pulse quicken as he stood and hurriedly carried Harry over to the crib, laying him down.

Harry was upset at the loss of contact and whimpered, fussing quietly. He felt his dummy reclaim its place and calmed down, sucking the plastic object for comfort. The nursery door closed again, and Harry was sure draco and narcissa had left. He risked a peek and sat up, only to find a dark nursery. He sighed and clutched his blankie, watching the door and waiting for draco to return.

Fixed on the door, harry fell into a trance, losing all track of time. A small stream of light poured into the nursery, and in walked draco,closing the door behind himself. He approached the crib and looked at Harry, who snapped back to reality.

"Daddy!" Harry babbled, reaching out for the blond.

"Hey bubba. Have you been awake all this time?" Draco said. Harry nodded. Draco smiled. "Daddy's sorry he was gone for so long, but you should've been asleep by now. You're going to throw off your sleep schedule tomorrow." Draco scolded lightly. He picked Harry up and rubbed his back, kissing his forehead.

Harry nuzzled into the other boy. He didn't care about sleep, just that his daddy was back.

"I know you're happy, bubba, but I think it's time a certain someone was put to bed. It's not good for babies to stay up this late." Draco cooed. Harry pouted. "Don't pout, kiddo. Daddy will see you in the morning." Draco said. He laid Harry in his crib and turned the mobile back on. He left the nursery, and before Harry knew it, he was asleep.

The next morning was slow. Harry laid in his crib for a long time before the door opened and draco walked in, nearing the crib. He leaned over the bars and looked down at Harry.

"Good morning, little one. How's my baby today?" Draco cooed. Harry frowned. No matter how little he was last night, he was back to his senses now, and he was not looking foreword to being babied.

Harry turned his eyes away from draco, looking down at his feet instead. He shifted his weight to the right and shuddered. His nappy was cold and clammy, and he was starting to get itchy.

"Come to daddy, bubba." Draco said, picking up the brunet. He carried him to the changing table and laid him down. He changed Harry quickly and got him in a new nappy and changed his onesie to a yello one with a snitch outline and light blue wings. He picked Harry up and patted his back, kissing the top of his head.

The blond conjured up Harry's high chair and set him down in it, buckling him in. He left the nursery for a few minutes, leaving Harry alone. 

The brunet looked around the nursery, trying to find some sort of escape route. Of course, there was not sign that said "path to freedom" or anything like that, so Harry would have to find something more subtle.

The nursery door opened and draco walked in, carrying a bowl of porridge and a bottle. He set the items on the tray of Harry's high chair and placed a bib around his neck. Harry scowled and reached up to remove the bib, but draco took his hands and brought them back down to the tray.

"The bib stays on, bubba. You're a messy eater." Draco said. Harry pouted and crossed his arms. Draco dipped the spoon into the bowl and scooped up some of the porridge, bringing it to Harry's lips. Harry reluctantly opened his mouth and allowed draco to feed him the food.

When the bowl was empty, draco vanished it and picked up the bottle. "Open up, kiddo." Draco said, bringing the bottle close to Harry. The brunet reached out to take the bottle, but draco pulled it away again. Harry whined.

"Are you gonna drink this like a good boy?" He asked. Harry nodded. Draco handed him the bottle and picked him up, sitting him in his crib. "Daddy has some errands to run, but uncle Blaise is here if you need anything." Draco said. He ruffled Harry's hair and turned on the baby monitor, leaving the nursery.

Harry looked around the empty room again, but decided to wait until he was sure  draco was gone to escape. He glanced at the bottle in his hand for a minute. He was thirsty, and nobody was around, so he brought the bottle to mouth. He latched on and took a few sips.

Why was it so calming?

Harry got lost in his thoughts, and before he knew it, his bottle was empty. He laid down, uncomfortable sitting up with a full stomach. The bottle rolled out of his hand and hit the bars softly. Harry's eyes started drooping, 

No, it wasn't time to sleep. Now was the time to plot his escape.

The nursery door opened and Blaise walked in. Harry smiled and reached out for him. Blaise reached into the crib and picked Harry up, holding him up to his shoulder.

"Finished your bottle, bubba?" He asked. Harry nodded. His stomach was still very full, and it was bothering him.

Blaise patted his back for a few minutes until Harry let out a loud burp, settling his tummy. Harry smiled and laid his head on blaises shoulder. He almost didn't realize he was missing his dummy until Blaise reached out for the high chair tray and retrieved the object. He popped it in Harry's mouth, and Harry hummed happily.

"I think it's time for a story. Do you want uncle Blaise to read to you?" Blaise cooed. Harry budded and sleepily sucked his dummy.  Blaise grabbed a book and sat in the rocking chair, cradling Harry in one arm.

As Blaise read, Harry leaned against his chest with sleepy eyes, ready for a nice nap. When the book was finished, Blaise stood up and carried Harry to his crib, laying him down and turning on the mobile. He rubbed a few soothing circles onto Harry's tummy before leaving the nursery and shutting the door.

Harry was drifting off to sleep when he realized what had just happened. Just when he thought he was home free, he was sucked back into the trap. Damn...