Chapter One

- Present?: 1950s Wandavision -

Bursting through the door you spin round joyfully in your brand new dress, specially picked because it was your husbands favourite shade of blue. 

"Honey I'm home!" 

"Oh, James!" You smile gleefully

"Oh, James!" You smile gleefully. You swore you could almost hear a trickle of 'aw' sounds from somewhere but your mind ignored it. "Wait a minute Mr, what on earth took you so long to get home?" You put your hands on your hips a slight comical frown forming. Chuckles from inside your head.

"I'm sorry doll" he walked over to you "I had to help find Captain America! Steve crashed the plane."

"Oh gracious!"

"He didn't make it back doll...."

"I'm so sorry, he was a great man" there was that 'aw' noise again only it was sad, but you brain quickly moved it away

"I'm so sorry, he was a great man" there was that 'aw' noise again only it was sad, but you brain quickly moved it away. "But I'm glad to have you home Sargent."

"Oh Y/N" He smiles scooping you up and spinning you round and kissing you gently. "I wish I could stay all day dear but I must change for work..." Reluctantly he let you go and jogged upstairs whilst you gracefully swept into the kitchen.  A few moments later, adorned in a suit and tie James joyfully walked into the kitchen. 

"Here I made your lunch." 

"What would I do without you doll?" He sighed smiling kissing you on top of the head. 

"You would forget your arm if it wasn't screwed on" You smile mockingly as Bucky shrugs knowingly. A gentle laughter is soon drowned out by Bucky.

"Farewell my darling, I will see you at dinner" He kisses your hand before attempting to leaving the house but as he does he pulls the door handle right off..."Oops"

"Don't know your own strength soldier" You put a hand to your mouth in an over extravagant 'oh no' expression. Looking at it sheepishly and then shrugging it off he rams the handle back in the door before leaving.

You sigh, a small headache washes over you as you brain battles to both ignore the running commentary of emotions in your head and investigate them. The former wins and the headache clears. You smile brightly as you to walk out the door, heading to your new neighbours house.