Chapter 2.5: State of Emergency

Note: This is rose. We at the server decided to give the Principality of Qua-Toyne some changes so the earlier chapters will be changed accordingly. Also, to match with Japan's standard, the times will be changed accordingly as well. Hope you enjoy this one. Have a rose ✿

As of April 22, 2022, this chapter has been rewritten

・・・

Prime Minister's residence, Tokyo, 10:30

Ah, shit.

Emerging out into the bright lights of the conference room, Prime Minister Takamori Hideaki was slightly caught by surprise by the barrage of camera flashes raining down on him. Recovering from this slight quip, he promptly bent his back over to bow to the rows upon rows of news media and reporters. Still, under the carpet of constant flashes and shutter clicks, Takamori proceeded to the platform and upon reaching it, he faced the still banner of the national flag of Japan, its bright red disc in full, mighty display, and bowed before it.

As he took his designated position behind the podium and the microphones, he faced the crowd of reporters with a stern face.

Today was a historical day, but not one any of them hoped to ever face. To everyone, everything was still unclear, with so many questions and doubts as to what was happening. Despite his government's fears of a nationwide panic that would befall Japan, he knew that there was little use to beating around the bush. His resignation to this fact remains his most painful, for he himself does not know what to expect from it. Still, if it were anyone's responsibility to manhandle Japan and its problems, it has to be him, the prime minister.

He looked across the transparent panels flanking his sides, which contained projections of his speech. Then, the speaker formally announced his presence to silence the room.

"From this moment forth, the Prime Minister will now be speaking."

As the last shutter click faded into muteness, Takamori opened his mouth.

From here on out, Japan would be condemned to its unfortunate destiny.

"Today, all across Japan, anomalies in the form of mass communications blackout have made it impossible to establish contact with the outside world, and after a thorough initial investigation, we have come to an improbable conclusion, and yet it is exactly what we have found ourselves in."

Taking a short break to catch his breath, Takamori took a snap of what he was seeing. It would be the last several seconds before he has to reveal the truth, the calm before the storm. Gripping his fist from outside the view of the cameras, he steeled himself for the words that he was about to utter.

"Credible, independent observations from all across the country have found that the terrestrial horizon is further out and that the night skies have considerably changed, so much so that they no longer resemble any star maps in possession. We have traced these changes all the way back to around 3:28 in the morning, at which point our mass communication infrastructure with the outside world has also failed."

Camera shutters, and flashes restarted once more as Takamori started seeing perplexed expressions on some of the reporters.

"Mobilizing the Coast Guard and the Self Defense Forces, we have discovered that the Asian mainland, particularly the nearby landmasses of Taiwan, the Korean Peninsula, and Sakhalin, have all disappeared completely. Instead, we have made contact with peoples whose language we have never heard before from lands we have never ever seen."

The mood in the room turned horrid as reporters and government staff alike started to look panicked.

"This is conclusive proof that Japan has experienced a world transfer event, and thus we have found ourselves in a completely different world, yet one that is not too alien from our own."