8. I want to...

Elora Hall

A few days later...

Izzy and I have gotten really close, it's honestly too good to be true. He's become a very good friend. At college and even after we head home, he constantly texts me. Izzy had always been a player in campus, with many girls wanting to talk to him or asking him to come over for the weekend.

After a few days of witnessing such things, I finally asked him about it. "Not anymore cupcake, I'm changing my ways." Were Izzy words to me. Even the occasional winks and cocky smirk towards the girls has stopped.

"I wonder how Izzy changed, just like that huh?" Ashley mumbled. She had been questioning me about him all morning.

"One wouldn't know." I shrugged.

"Really? Doesn't it have to do with a small brunette freshman?" She eyed me head to toe.

I sighed, there was no use arguing with this girl. She was very certain that Izzy and I would soon be something more than friends. But I wasn't sure with myself or my given situation. Like I said earlier Izzy Winston is too good to be true.

"Ashley!" Ian called out from the hallway, making her blush as hot as June. When it came to Ian, she was completely dumbfounded, lost for words. In her head right now, she'd probably have wings as she drifted above the clouds.

"See ya." I wiggled my brows at her before walking away. She gave me the 'don't leave me now' look, making me giggle. Giving my happiest wave, I walked to my class. The corridors were quiet with only a few students here and there.

The door of the men's washroom opened and out came one of the senior year girls. Everyone called her Gigi. She usually sauntered around campus, with her Barbie doll figure, leaving the boys to drill behind her. From every strand of her hair to her toenails, everything was perfect on her. Surprisingly today, she walked out looking like an absolute mess. Her lipstick smudged, her hair unkempt. The branded clothes she wore wrinkled. Before she could catch me gawking at her, I looked away minding my own business.

"That was fun Carter." I heard her say following a male's chuckle. Carter's voice, the same voice I heard at the campus gardens. Did they do what I think they did? In the men's washroom? The thought got me nauseated. Well, who am I to judge? They had fun. On with your life Elle!

~~~~~

"Goodbye Miss. Hudson!" I sprinted towards the campus exit. With only three minutes to five, I rushed out the door to catch my bus on time. The rain clouds began to drift above us, saying a little prayer I hoped it would not rain till I reached home. Slowing my pace, I smiled at the campus security officer. He greets me everyday after my shift. Again I sped walked after I passed him.

"Whoa whoa, cupcake." Izzy, who was leaning against his car, rushed to me. "What's chasing you?" He joked.

I didn't stop walking, "I have to catch my bus Izzy!" Please don't rain already, I looked up pleading to the sky. Rain all you want once I've reached home. I'd hide under my blankets as always.

"Oh umm..." he walked with me now. "I'll drive you home Elle. Come on." Grabbing my wrist he pulled to his car's direction.

"But-" I couldn't finish my sentence, as I was already shoved inside his car while Izzy jogged to the driver's side.

He gave me a charming smile as he started the engine. "But.." I began to speak again.

"Stop a few houses away from yours, I know baby." He drove out of the parking lot.

"Baby?" I scowled at him.

"Fuck! Did I say that?" He chuckled, his eyes on the road. "I'm sorry cupcake."

"It's okay." I muttered, watching him smirk. "I mean it's not! It's not okay. I- ugh!" Shutting my eyes, I huffed.

"You're so cute." He cooed, making me roll my eyes.

"Do you always finish practice at this time?" I asked, earning a nod from Izzy.

"Around this time, and then the guys usually decide if we wanna hang out somewhere."

I nodded. "Sorry if I spoilt your fun." I said feeling guilty that I had ruined his plans by making him drive me home. Wasn't completely my fault since he dragged me to his car.

He scoffed. "I wanted to do this Elora!" Have I told you my heart skips a beat every time he says my full name? He does it when he's sincere about what he says. And that's happened only a few times so far. Izzy shook his head, "I want to do this, even in the future. Whenever you want! I could be your chauffeur cupcake." He grinned.

I pulled my cardigan sleeves to my palms, fiddling with the hem. Not knowing how to respond.

"Are you cold?" He placed his hand on the air conditioning vent before reaching my hands and giving it a gentle warm squeeze. I shook my head in an instant. With a smile plastered on his face, as he resumed back to driving. A small smile appeared on my lips too. Stop being too nice to me Izzy. I'm afraid I'll get too attached to you.

We finally arrived at my neighbourhood, Izzy turned off the engine a few houses ahead of aunt Liza's. I sighed, unbuckling my seatbelt feeling his eyes were on me the whole time.
"Thank you for bringing me home."

"Glad to help. Promise me you'll ask me whenever you need a ride." I leaned close to me.

"I will." I replied softly.

Izzy opened his mouth to say something, but he shut it close again. Leaving me glued to my seat, waiting for him to speak up. His cheeks reddened. My eyebrows shot up, did Izzy Winston just blush. A giggle escaped my mouth before I knew it. "Do- do you have to say something?" I asked, "if not I can leave." I held handle of the door.

"No wait!" He panicked and then relaxed as my hands slid down to my lap again. Izzy raked his already messy hair.
"You know I really like you right?"