1. A new day

A/N

Hey guys it's me again!
Welcome to my third story 'His Sweet Heaven'

To my dearest readers,
Thank you for giving this book a chance.
If you loved the chapters, please do comment and vote. Let me know what you think.

A sneak peek into my characters...

Elora Mae Hall she's a shy and quiet girl.

Izzy Winston he's a flirt and very boisterous.

Carter Miles he's rude and domineering.

& if the story isn't your cup of tea, please DO NOT READ. I'm not willing to share this platform with hate and negativity.

This story is only published on wattpad.

'Kind people are my kinda people'

( ͡> ₃ ͡<)

On with the story....

"You can do this Elora." I chanted to myself as I stared at the mirror. Nibbling on my bottom lip. I brushed my long brunette hair. It fell down to my waist. An absolute contrast to my deep blue eyes. The ones that reminded me of mum.

The brush froze mid air when I felt my eyes sting. Not today Elle, where ever mum and dad are, they'd be watching you. I had to be a strong girl. For them. For myself.

My parents died in a car crash, when I was ten. During a very bad thunderstorm, the car skid and clashed with a semi-tractor trailer. What I had seen that night, scarred me for life and left me in immeasurable pain. I was stuck in the vehicle at that time, watching my loved ones leave me. Forever. It's never easy accepting the fact that your beloved people never come back after they've crossed the rainbow. Especially to a hopeful little girl, who loved her mum and dad so very dearly. The image left me traumatized for years. Till date, loud thunders make me tremble, with intense anxiety. Now, I live with my dad's sister aunt Liza, and her husband James. Who sadly haven't had a child, so they took me in.

It couldn't be that easy now, would it? Although aunt Liza has been kind enough to let me stay. There was never a day where she asked me about my day or about how I was doing after the loss of my parents. I really can't complain, for they have provided me with a roof to live under. As for my expenses, my parents had left an ample amount of money in my savings, which I use when needed. The bank account was managed by my grandma (mom's mother) who lived away from the city.

Grandma Charlotte, Nana Lottie in short has been the most amazing person to me. She loves me like mum did and so very supportive like dad. I go to her every summer, and sadly having to leave her in just two weeks because of school.

So far everything seems so smooth, right? Well, it would have been if it wasn't for uncle James. He seemed like a caring father figure to me as soon as I stepped into their house. He was the one to drop and pick me up from school. He bought me my favourite things and took me out to the cinemas. That was until I turned 13. The daytime nightmares began.

Little by little his approach to me changed. He began touching me more often, placing kisses on my cheeks unnecessarily. Even his gaze on me felt uncomfortable. There were days I woke up in the middle of the night, to catch him watch me sleep. I was paranoid about it for years, hardly got any sleep since. That's when I locked myself in the room. Barely spending anytime when he's around.