3. Green Eyes

Elora Hall

"As far as campus life goes, no boys in my house Elora, do you understand?" Aunt Liza pointed out while I had my breakfast with her this morning, we were both leaving the house at similar times. At the stern voice she projected, I had already lost my appetite.

"Of course, like I've never brought any guy home." I scrunched my nose, at the thought. I had always been a girl who was awkward around boys. And plus I wanted to be a good student with good grades and not get into trouble.

During school I only had like two friends, more like study pals. I had become very closed off after losing my family.

"Right, but remember the guy who was stalking the house for weeks because of you?" She gave me a sharp look.

"I- I didn't even know him personally Liza." I said truthfully, he was just a guy back at high school whom I had avoided for years.

"Doesn't matter, you're not bringing trouble to this household. Simple!" As usual she grabbed her plate, walking away without leaving me any room to reply. Just like that she left the house.

Sipping some water, I threw the food into the trash. I hated wasting food, but I couldn't even force myself to eat.

I went back up to my room, grabbing my backpack. Every time aunt Liza spoke to me this way, she made me realize this wasn't my family or my home. Just a house I lived in because, my parents were no more.

Probably I was pestering her too, I mean who would have the time to take care of a child that isn't theirs. I would! No child on earth deserved to be neglected. To be felt unloved.

I felt the hot tears rolling down my cheeks already. Three more years, I'll have a job, a place to stay in and then I could create my kind of home. Maybe with myself or maybe with someone.

My little garden. And with two dogs.

I smiled through my tears, you could get through this Elle.

~~~~~~

Stepping out of the bus, I walked into the green campus grounds. Today seemed a lot calmer than yesterday. Ashley could be here any minute so she had asked me to wait for her at the entrance.

I stood under a shady tree, and just then a bunch of motorcycles drove past me. The roaring sounds were deafening. I squinted my eyes, looking at one of the bikes that seemed incredibly expensive, shiny and dangerously hellish. Who could even dare ride something like that?

By this time, the motorbikes had everyone's gaze on them. Talk about making an appearance.

As I gawked at the bike, I didn't notice the rider's attention on me. I gasped as my eyes travelled up to his eyes through the helmet he wore. Forest green eyes, stared right at me. His vigorous physique, showed through even though he wore a leather jacket. He stomped his boot on the ground while he sat on his ride.

I swallowed, trying my best to look away but those eyes seemed to have held me captured. Before the unknown guy could take his helmet off or even get off the bike, a dark haired girl approached him. She looked tall and slender, the perfect fit for him. Breaking his gaze from me, it shifted to her while she leaned on his upper body.