sixteen

It's a double update.
Hope it can move your heart 💜
___________________

Imraan's POV,
The very next day, she came to my house. It was a Sunday and she had a big bag in her hand. Ammi was really happy to see her as usual.

"Assalamualaikum Aunty!" She grinned from ear to ear.

"Walaikum assalam, my dear Meher is here! Ohhh, how I missed you." Ammi hugged her and I remember the way, Meher hugged me the day before, making my heart prick.

You're a really good friend to me Imraan.

"Aunty, did you start preparing for lunch?" She inquired.

Ammi sighed.
"No na beta. I was busy with an urgent order so I was just heading to the kitchen to make some khichdi."

"Khichdi on Sunday? No no aunty. That's why I brought all this. Today I'll show you a really easy dish to make on Sundays, like today. It's really yummy too and one of my favourites." She chuckled.

"You went through all the trouble to bring all the ingredients? Meher, you could've told us to arrange it for you no. Why did you have to go through soo much trouble?"

She shrugged.
"Imraan treated me yesterday so today It's my treat."

"Oh....so you two went on a date?" Ammi cooed and my jaw dropped.

"Ammi!!!"

But Meher just giggled.
"You can say that."

What? Does she even know what a date is?!

"Ok, I'm going to stand here and watch you two so that you two don't blow up the kitchen." I said crossing my arms, leaning on the wall near the door.

"Watching us or...only Meher." Ammi whispered in my ear embarassing me.

"Ammi!" I grunted but she just laughed.
"So, what are we making sweety?"

"It's called Chicken Ala King. And I've already brought the cooked chicken and the veggies ready to add in the sauce."

I watched as both thd ladies were chatting away and laughing while cooking.

I would really like Meher to be my daughter in law.

They'll make a good mother and daughter in law duo though.

I slapped myself at that thought and both the woman looked at me like I was an alien.

"What's wrong Imraan?" Meher questioned.

"Uh... um.... mosquito!" I said quickly.

After about 20 minutes, they were already done. It smelled really good though.

"Oh, it's really simple, but you need to do a lot of preparation before hand huh?" Ammi said.

"Yes, a little. But it's worth it. Try it aunty... Imraan, come and taste it na."

I walked to her reaching for a spoon but she was holding a spoonful of the gravy right in front of my mouth.

"Here ...." She blew on it too. Oh God! Mumma was literally teasing me from behind Meher.
"My hand's hurting Imraan. Hurry! It's not even that hot."

Yeah, but I was sweating with nervousness and my heart was pounding. Still I managed to swoop my head down and opened my mouth to eat while my eyes dropped down on her lips.

"How is it?" She looked curiously in my eyes.

"Delicious as always." I said and this huge smile came on her lips but with that melancholic look in her eyes that confused me like before.