nine

Imraan's POV,
Meher clearly has a lot of insecurities about herself. I observed her as she was trying to solve another practice problem after I explained it to her. She's stressed....soo darn stressed. I don't know why. Does she think I'll stop tutoring her or something if she makes mistakes? Not at all.

She's insecure about her looks and her clothes whenever she sees those other girls wearing short or expensive clothes. I'm don't mean that short clothes are bad. Everyone has thier own choices and they can wear anything they want. Who am I to judge? Still, Meher's own style makes her....Meher.

She was frowning getting stuck at an entry. Her forehead creasing, blinking her eyes rapidly and shaking her legs in anxiety. And she has this habit of sucking her lips when she's concentrating on something, soo much that her lips literally turn red.

Her lips... they look shiny...

I was pulled out of my thoughts by a voice beside me.

Damn! What was I even thinking and where was I even looking?!

"Hey Meher!" I guy stood near our desk and she looked up at him. He was from our class I guess.

"Can I borrow your economics notes?"

She blinked at him.

"Your notebook." He said again.

"Um.... they're not complete." She replied meekly avoiding eye contact with him.

He leaned over the desk a little and she instinctively jerked back even though there was enough distance between them.
"That's ok. I can just copy what's there. I need it urgently you know. My whole book is empty." He grinned.

She was in a fix now. This was probably the first time she was even seeing him....he hardly attends college after all. Also, as much as I know her, she cannot say no! Especially, to a request.

But I'm not like her.

"Dude, she said her book isn't complete. Why don't you ask someone else?" I told him rather sternly.

"Uh...ok bro, why the scary look? I'm not flirting with your girlfriend, she just seemed like the studious types to me so I came here to ask her notes. Relax man!" He held his hands in front of me in surrender.

That...got us both soo flustered.

"I... I'm not his girlfriend!" She said hastily with her big doe eyes and I didn't know why I couldn't say anything to back up her statement. It was the truth afterall, yet....

"Oh, is that so. I thought you two were....never mind. Haha. k then. Sorry to disturb you. I'll just ask someone else. That girl is in our class too right?" He said pointing behind me and I nodded. So he went his way leaving us alone.

Meher looked at me and giggled making me chuckle too.
She doesn't hold eye contact with anyone. At the beginning, not with me either but now she does it soo naturally.
I'm the only guy she's soo friendly with.

That makes me happy for some reason. But, was I really that pissed that a random guy came to talk to her!? Is that normal? We're just friends then why did him calling her my girlfriend made me...feel a bit strange, like I was excited about it?

She looked up at me again from her book.
"Uh! This is soo difficult! Don't keep looking at me like that it makes me nervous." She was pouting catching me staring at her.

I crossed my arms on the desk leaning forward as I wanted to see this rare expression on her face a bit closely.
"In what way?" I asked amused.

Her big brown eyes turned wider looking straight into mine as we both weren't even blinking.