5 lads, laddy lads, having a laugh -10

"A break-in occurred at a local library last night. Apparently ten books on various witchcraft topics have been stolen." A news anchor said. Before heading out the door for work, Harry paused for a second. The news usually didn't appeal to him, but this story seemed interesting

"I'm here with life-long librarian, Mrs. Lori, to explain what she saw this morning."

"Well, when I walked up to unlock the door, the glass was completely smashed. I immediately called the cops, and an investigation began. The only things they found was the section with the missing book, which are still missing, and a twenty dollar bill attached to a note on the front desk that says 'sorry.'" the Librarian said.

"How awful..." Harry muttered. When the story continued, they flashed a picture of the library on the screen, and Harry gasped. It was across the street from Pantry One!

Harry grabbed his bag and ran all the way to the store, stopping only four times to catch his breath. He fumbled with the keys for a minute before getting them into the lock. When he burst through the doors, no one was in there. He looked around to make sure nothing had been stolen, too. The store was fine, though. Relieved, Harry entered the breakroom to put his bag down. He opened the door though, and was met with a horrible sight: Louis lying in a lump on the floor surrounded by all sorts of wiccan and pagan books.

"Louis!" Harry cried, rushing to his side. Harry checked his pulse and listened to his breathing. Although it was clear Louis was sleeping, Harry's initial shock hadn't worn off yet. "Louis, speak to me." Harry lifted Louis' head onto his lap. He could feel tears starting to well up in his eyes.

Louis began to stir in his sleep. Harry let out a sob of releaf. When Louis opened his eyes, he was very confused. "Curly? What happened, luv?"

Harry sobbed again. "I'm just glad you're ok." Harry hugged Louis.

"I'm fine," Louis smiled. He liked the feeling of love. Louis' bliss however, was taken away when he remembered the events from the night before. The talk with Hades, the break-in, the frantic studying, the excessive crying, it was all rushing back to him. All too fast. He knew he'd have to tell the others about their inevitable fate, but for now, he just wanted to stay resting in Harry's lap.

"Is there something wrong?" Harry asked, caressing Louis' face.

"Not yet. I think we should just stay like this for now." Louis sighed. He felt so much defeat and loss having to finally give up and throw in that towel. If this is how the last hours of normalcy could be spent -just him and Harry -then he was all for it.

By the time Niall walked into the store, Zayn and Liam were already in there. "Hey lads, how's it going?" Niall headed towards the breakroom to drop off his phone, but he was stopped by Liam. 

"Don't go in there. They're having a 'moment'," Liam smirked.

"Ooooohhh," Niall smirked. "Louis and Harry sittin' in a tree. K-i-s-s-i-s-s-i-p-p-i." Niall's smile dropped a little when he realized he got the lyrics wrong. Liam and Zayn laughed at him. Louis could hear it from the breakroom, and it made him ache.

Louis stood up and headed for the door. "You know you're gonna have to return these books to the library, right?" Harry cocked his head.

A thousand thoughts ran through Louis' head. The only answer he could come up with was, "That's the last thing on my mind right now."

"Why did you break in, anyway?" Harry asked.

"Just follow me."

Harry did as he was told and followed Louis out to the main room. When Harry saw Louis' stress level, he grabbed his hand for a little extra comfort and support. Louis smiled to himself weakly.