AHHHH the light! -9

Hi there. I would just like anyone reading this to know that there might be some major character death at the end of this story. I don't want it to happen, but it might be the only way. I'm gonna try my best to work around it, but I can't guarantee anything. I'm so sorry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Boo bearrrrr." Harry whined, hiding his face with his shoulder. He loved teasing Louis by acting all shy.

"Hey," Louis fake scolded. "Only my mum gets to call me that!"

"Oops," Harry smiled goofilly, showing his perfectly straight teeth which he knew Louis secretly envied.

"Don't be a tease, Curly," Louis almost shoved Harry out of his seat.

"Ow."

"Emiky! We have to get the frog gummies!" A girl squealed from aisle 2. She's the infamous Emiky's friend; she's Ella.

"And the last of the pride month skittles!" Emiky said.

"It's so sweet how the two girls come in together all the time," Harry sighed, leaning his head onto his hand. "It's just so refreshing to see members of the community out freely in public." He batted his eyelashes at Louis.

"What community? Like, girls who live in town? Or like, school kids?" Louis said with genuine confusion. Harry mentally cursed himself for being too optimistic. So much for all that intuition talk.

Ella and Emiky proceeded to walk over to the ice cream freezer where they were met by a five year old, no, fourteen year old, with a blonde mullet. "Hey girls," His dry voice cracked. What an awful sound, Louis thought. "Are you d*kes on a date or something? News flash: Pride Month ended a while ago. Nobody wants to see this in public any more" Louis' eyes went wide. Harry gasped. No one deserves to be spoken to like that!

"Carson, we discussed this already: the D slur only works on masculine lesbians, thus, your words mean nothing to us," Emiky interlaced her fingers with Ella's. Ella squeezed her hand.

"Then you're a bunch of perverted-"

"Excuse me!" Louis growled, hastily marching into the scene. "If you are going to talk to people with that much hatred, I'm going to have to ask you to leave." Louis barked, pointing to the door.

"Oh, Shiver me timbers," Carson mocked "Three f*gs are attacking me! Whatever shall I do?" he dramatically placed a hand on his forehead.

Louis gasped and blushed. Harry slapped his hand over his mouth. "Listen you two foot tall little gremlin: I might not be much taller than you, but I can still whoop your ass if you address me like that one more time. Now get the FUCK OUT OF MY STORE!" Louis' face was bright red, and his veins were practically popping out of his neck. Carson stared Louis down, straight in the eye. For a minute, the whole world was dead silent. Carson narrowed his unibrow, then marched out of the store. Louis sighed in relief.

"That was so brave, Boo bear," Harry rested his chin on Louis' shoulder, and wrapped his arms around Louis' waist.

"Harry!" Louis cheered. He rested his head on top of Harry's.

"Thanks," Ella said, shyly. She didn't like talking to men.

"Just another point for the gays to go down in history," Emiky smiled, nudging Ella with her shoulder. Their fingers were still tightly interlocked.

"Point for the gays...?" Louis mumbled. He looked at the two girls in front of him, and the blushing Harry who was snuggling into the crook of his neck. "Oh no, I'm not... uh, I'm just gonna..." Louis dashed to the break room, almost causing Harry to topple over.