Chapter 8: Little Things.

From Darlyn’s POV:

I never knew what the future would hold, but for now I didn’t have anything else to lose. Every night I had cried myself to sleep, but I knew that within time my heart would heal.  I sat in my room studying trying to concentrate on my homework I was so behind in so many chapters from the previous days that I didn’t do anything that they started to pile up. My phone rang and it was Macy wondering if I had understood the review for the exam the next day.  “Oh Macy, girl I haven’t even started doing the review. I’m so going to fail this term” I said frustrated as I took my textbooks off of my lap. As, I flipped through the mess in my notebook, trying to find the review, so I could see what the heck she was talking about.  

Meanwhile, my doorbell rang as I told her to hang on a minute while I checked to see who was at the door.  Then I opened the door and went I looked up I saw him standing there and I said to Macy “Hey Macy, I got to go something came up. Talk to you later! Bye!” quickly and hanged up my phone not giving her a chance to even say anything.

***********************************************************************

“Hi” said Liam with a hoarse voice; he looked like he had had a rough day. He  seemed really tired, sad, and he was standing there with a luggage and a backpack on the floor next to him.

“Liam, what are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be in England?” I asked as I paused in disbelief.

“Yes but no” he blurted out.

“What do you mean? Are you or are you not?” I asked quite quickly I didn’t need to be confused more.

“Yes, well I’m supposed to be there, but I said no because I needed to be here with you instead.”  He said as he looked down at my welcome carpet and then back again at my eyes.

“Why? You really don’t have to?” as I tried not to break in front of him, while holding every action or thought that was probably running through my head to say. Like how much I wanted to hug him and tell him how much I missed him.

“Not because I have to, but because I wanted to it’s because I have to. Darlyn, I’m here to tell you that I’m sorry. I’m sorry for everything ...” as I cut him off and said “Liam, what’s done is done. You chose Danielle and you went with your heart. I can’t blame you for that. So no don’t be sorry. Never apologize for what once made you happy.”

As I tried to give him a sideway smile to show him a side of me like I was content, which I really was not. 

“I broke up with Danielle” he said it out loud and clear.

“What?” as my facial expression probably said everything.

“Everything has changed” he said as he continued to explain “She’s not the woman I fell for the first time around, and she’s not the woman I want to be with for the rest of my life either” as he got closer to the door frame balancing his weight on both arms.

“Liam Im sorry to hear that”  I did feel sorry for him even though inside I was happy just a little bit, it didn’t make any difference.

“No, because it made me realize that the woman I need in my life who I want to be forever is with you” as he got closer even more as he leaned in.

I gently took a step back and said “I can’t do this Liam, this back and forth of emotions. I’m not here for you to run back to just because things didn’t work out with her.” I could feel the tears building up in my eyes.

“No babe it’s not like that I swear.” he took a hold of my face as held it tenderly and looked at me straight in it and said “I’m truly madly deeply in love with you and all your little things that make you the woman I love and need in my life.” as I closed and opened my eyes, tears fell from the corner of my eyes. He then took his thumbs and wiped them off as he kissed me gently in my forehead repeatedly one after the other. While I brought both of my hands on top of his for a second and let go quickly. 

“You’re so beautiful, and I have missed you like crazy. I don’t even think you know how perfect you are even when you cry, when you smile, when you are mad. You have no idea. When I’m with you I’m free it’s just you and me and anything we want it to be you know. I had to come see you, because in a sea of people, my eyes will always search for you and only you. I don’t know what I was thinking in letting you go. I think I might have even loved you even before we even met. You are every lovely word I could sing, compose to, and even think of. You are just everything I am looking for and I know because I am not looking for it anymore.  You are the reason for me to be standing here in front of you today. And I don’t want to go anywhere else if it’s not with you. I’m in love with you babe.” he told me as he proceeded to grab me by my waist and pulled me closer to his body. My hands were touching his strong muscular arms now.

As he looked into my eyes so deeply, and looked at my lips as he bit his lower lips that were holding so much passion he couldn’t retain it any longer. Then proceeded to look at me in the eyes again and my heart was beating even faster. It was running so wild that I could feel my blood pressure rising and almost without breath. Between the words he had said, the rollercoaster of emotions I have been on, and now this I felt like a little mix of emotions. As he kept looking into my eyes he gently grabbed my face and slowly leaned in and kissed me so passionately I could feel as if we could both gravitate and the world spun around at a 360 degree angle. When our lips connected it felt like sparks of energy were coming out of each others tender lips.

As we both pulled back from what seemed like a never ending kiss I said confessed to him “And I still have feelings for you and no matter how many times I tell myself that I'm better off without you, a part of me just won't let go. Because I love you, always have and always will.” I smiled at him. I let him inside and we both went upstairs.

He put his stuff down while I bended over my bed to clean up my mess from school. “So you were studying?” he asked. “Yeah attempting to, I have a lot of things I’m behind on. You can probably say by now that I am probably going to fail this term” as I said sarcastically, I didn’t want really tell him that it was all due thanks to our breakup.

“What?You’re never behind. Don’t say that babe you’re not going to fail, you’re better than that” he said as he stood in front of me and grabbed the books from my hand. I took it back from him and laid it on top of my desk. “Yeah well that was enough studying for tonight, I don’t think my brain would take any more information” as I smiled. We both just laid there in my bed cuddling, holding unto each other. The feeling was unlike any other before. This time we held each other tighter as in never letting each other go for forever. We talked and talked until I fell asleep in his arms. My body was exhausted from everything both physically and mentally.  I could feel Liam’s eyes on me as he swept the bangs off my face and he whispered softly in my ear “I could lay awake here for hours and watched you sleep. My sweet angel.”  His soft touch stroking down my hair.