: ̗̀➛ 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

'PROTECT'

'PROTECT'

➳➳➳➳➳┄┄※┄┄➳➳➳➳➳

➳➳➳➳➳┄┄※┄┄➳➳➳➳➳

"Jean!"

The called male heard his name echoing down the hallway he walked in, he had just returned from the kitchen since he wanted to grab a bite of a bread he desired.

He stopped in his tracks, turning around to look at the source of the voice that has called out to him. The sight of the [H/C] haired female caused his eyes to enlarge for a second before they softened.

"[Y/N]." He replied, his eyes meeting with [E/C] ones. Once her figure stood in-front of him, [Y/N] smiled at him, causing a blush to overcome his cheek.

Jean bit his lower lip, moving his face to look at the other direction in-order to avoid eye contact—as well as to prevent her from seeing the pink hue on his cheeks.

"Can I talk to you about something?" Her gentle voice entered his ears like a peaceful melody. "Of course," Jean cleared his throat "What about?"

[Y/N] held her own hands behind her back, shifting her weight to her right foot. "Thanks for looking out for me during the expedition." She expressed her words of gratitude.

The light ash-brown haired male blinked twice in confusion before the horrific incidents that have occurred earlier began flood inside his head.

'Right..'

"Of course, what would you expect from one of the soldiers that have graduated in the top ten." Jean smirked, crossing his arms over his chest, his mouth bragging about himself.

[Y/N] giggled at his words, "Yeah.." Her voice slowly began to die down as the atmosphere surrounding the two teens have shifted into a dark and uneasy one.

Jean gulped nervously, relaxing his body before scratching the nape of his neck. "S-So, what's on your mind?" The male couldn't help but stumble over his words.

"I'm sorry about what happened before.. when the titans have entered the walls.." [Y/N] started, her shoulders slumping down.

"I know how close friends you were with Marco, and if only I was able to fight properly and look for him—save him from the ugly beast that have ended his life brutally-"

A gasp left her lips right after her figure was pulled into the male's arms, caging her inside an embrace. The [H/C] haired stiffened at first, surprised by his sudden action.

"Don't blame yourself. Ever."

His solemn voice entered her ears, causing her body to ease. "You were hurt before passing out because of so much loss of blood." Jean noted the incidents that the female has gone through.

"Yet you got back on your feet and fought back." He mumbled into her shoulder after burying his face into it, "While here I am, alive, because of you."

[Y/N]'s [E/C] eyes dilated at his words, because of her? How? When?!

Sensing the confusion erupting from the female, Jean took in a shaky breath before pulling away from their short embrace.

"That moment, when you executed the titan that was right outside the house I was hiding in, if it weren't for you.. I've would've been dead."

His description of the incident made [Y/N] recall the moment he had mentioned. Previously, she hadn't realized the fear he held but now she did.

She remembered how his figure was slightly shaken after she held him in her arms, his eyes widened as his gaze was fixated on the previous location of the titan.

"Jean.." She began, lifting her hand to place it against his cheeks. The tears that brimmed his eyelids began to slid down, causing the [H/C] haired female to brush them off by her thumb.

"It's alright.."

Her words didn't make him feel better, it was the opposite, it made him feel weak. The disheartened expression on his face was evidently caught by [Y/N].

She smiled warmly, placing both of her hands on his cheeks before pulling his face towards hers. The sudden movement pulled the male out of his thoughts, "What are you-"

His question was cut off after feeling a soft kiss being planted on his forehead. [Y/N] had brushed his bangs out of his face, leaned in and to kiss his forehead.

'I- I... (O//_ //O)'

'Did she just-'

"Jean.." She had pulled him into a hug, running her fingers through his soft light ash-brown hair. "It's actually alright to feel scared, I was petrified about what had happened previously.. as well as what happened today.."

"I.. I wasn't very sure about joining the scouts.."

The female admitted, "But then I remembered it wasn't my choice. It was Sasha's, the only reason I've joined the military was to protect Sasha.. nothing more.." She added.

"And now I've met you guys, I'm planning onto protect you guys too." Jean sniffed, wiping his tears.

"Then who'll protect you?"

His question caught her off guard, "Huh-" Jean pulled away, his eyes instantly clashing with her [E/C] ones. "You can protect everyone else, and I'll protect you." The male declared.

"Jean-" Her words were cut off once again by the male as he promised her, "I promise you, I'll protect you.."

(Ok jean was cute when he was a child tbh 🥺)(Hope you enjoyed this chapter!)

(Hope you enjoyed this chapter!)