WELL, OF COURSE.

octavias pov

"that's enough!" im awoken by izzie pulling the covers from over my head.

"what?" i groggily exclaim, trying to pull them back over me. im not up for guests at the moment, izzie's girlboss moment will have to be set at a later date.

"nope. nope. nope." she continues, pulling the covers out of my hand and throwing them at the end of my bed. i now lay here in my pajama shorts and spaghetti strap tank top. i think ive hit rock bottom. "you need to get yourself together. you're octavia sawyer for gods sake."

yes, thank you iz, i know my name. and what is that supposed to mean? i lift my head to see her standing over the bed, "what's that supposed to mean?"

she rolls her eyes, "it means, you are confident. all the time. and you don't let boys get you like this. you're better than that." she finished.

damn my parents for arranging play dates with this girl at 3. if it wasn't for that, i could sit here wallowing in self pity all day.

i sigh heavily and look around at my messy room. then i look to my bestfriend pointing to the bathroom in my room, "go shower." she demands.

"fine." i mumble, getting out of bed and opening the door.

she's right. im octavia freaking sawyer. fuck everything else, i don't need a guy for anything.

it's time to get myself together. i shower making sure to wash and detangle my hair. i don't even know why im letting this ethan thing get me like this. he's literally ethan. okay, yes i've had a crush on him for some time but now that i think about it..

what did i like about him?

of course he's attractive but other than that? i barely know him as anything other than a friend, besides the one time we hooked up.

im still in the shower because, god, i really needed hot water and soap; i feel so clean.

izzie's pov

i started cleaning o's room while she was in the shower. she clearly needed some help, i know she has a hard time admitting it sometimes. but that's what she has me for.

after i finished i laid back in her hanging egg chair. i briefly closed my eyes before i got a text.

from brandon. we switched phones briefly yesterday when he came back from london. i still can't believe he made me insecure enough to agree to help him with this.

ive talked to him almost every day this week going over our story but right now im trying to be here for octavia

im just about to lock my phone when he texts again:

he's got a point but who cares.

"aww, you cleaned my room?" octavia gasped, looking around admiring my work.

i quickly shoved my phone in my pocket and plastered a smile on my face, "well, of course."

i winked, "that's what bestfriends are for."

she smiled and ran over to hug me, "i don't deserve you at all."

"oh shut up, you do." i said getting up.

octavia walked back into her bathroom and started brushing her hair, "so what are you doing today?"

i sighed and looked at myself in the mirror, "brandon asked to hang out but i told him no because im spending the day with you."

she paused mid brush, "uh, no you're not. you guys just started dating go hang out with him."

i gave her a look that made it clear i felt uneasy about it. she doesn't know that we aren't actually dating, it's against the rules and i just know she'd freak. it's hard to not spill, i practically tell her everything.

"go!" she said snapping me out of my thoughts. "trust me ill be fine," she continued, "schools starting back up in three weeks so i got somethings i should probably do before we go back. like get all my online and in person shopping down before they raise the prices and act like they are giving everyone some huge back to school discount at the mall."

i let out a laugh because one, she's right about the prices thing and two, school doesn't start in three weeks it starts in a month. but i appreciate her effort to make me go. "okay. let me call him."

i pull my phone and click on his contact. after a few rings he finally picks up, "you left me on read and now you're calling me.." he paused, "16 minutes later. isabella, you're not very good at this whole girlfriend thing."

"do you still wanna meet or what, jackass." i said quietly. octavia must of heard me because she whispershouted, "be nicer to him!" at me from across the room, but that didn't stop brandon from hearing.

"yeah! be nicer to me, isabella." he said mockingly.

i rolled my eyes, "you're making this so hard for me."

he laughed his usual, ive successfully fucked with izzie laugh, "text me your friend's address and ill be there in 20."

i do not think i have my witty card on me to spend time with brandon right now.

**