ITS NOT THAT OBVIOUS IS IT?

apologies if this chapter seems all over the place. it's kinda hard to write a party scene.

at ethans party..

music was blasting through ethan's house as majority of the upperclassmen danced in his living room.

ethan came downstairs and dapped up some people in his path. he finally made his way to the living room where he saw christian and ava.

he came up from behind and put his arms around the both of them, "my favorite twins!"

christian laughed and playfully shoved him. ava shrugged him off, "im only here because our dad said chris can't go alone."

ethan put his hands over his heart pretending it was aching, "and here i thought you came because you missed me."

ava rolled her eyes and mimicked him, "and here i thought you-" she stopped short and walked away.

christian threw his arm around ethan as they started walking, "mate, she's gonna hurt you one day."

ava made her way to the kitchen and found brandon sitting on the barstool, "thank god you're here." she said leaning on the counter beside him.

"yeah, im surprised you're here?" brandon said taking a sip from his cup. ava was accessing the room, "well you know ethans probably gonna get bloody wasted and chris and i are going to have to lock up and take him to our place."

"mhm.." brandon said getting up from the stool. "i see you brought a book." he added gesturing towards the book she was clutching in front of her.

she looked to the book and back at brandon, her clutch on the book getting tighter, "id rather read then try and mingle with the likes of the people that go to our school."

brandon smirked, he loved that ava wasn't like the rest of the people at school, he thought it made her cool that way, "i love when you get all british on me." he said kissing her forehead before walking away and mocking her, "im gonna go mingle with the likes of the girls at our school, aves."

ava giggled and headed upstairs to ethans room where she planned on reading.

octavia and izzie finally arrived. the pair stood in the doorway for a while.

"are you sure i should be here? we could always turn around and go get denny's or something." izzie said turning around and trying to walk back to the door.

"oh no." octavia started pulling her into the party area, "im not doing this without you." izzie groaned as she followed her into the party.

meanwhile ethan and christian were watching as some guys were playing beer pong.

christian looked invested in the game. he had his elbow on ethan's shoulder, "see i never understood why you guys throw the ball in the cup. why not just drink? it's still baffling to me. ill never understand it."

ethan looked over his shoulder at ethan and laughed at how serious he looked trying to understand the concept, "dude, it's simple. throw the ball, get drunk."

christian let his elbow drop and started talking with his hands. he made it out so that it sounded like he was trying to explain something to a baby, "why all the obstacles? why can't we just get drunk?"

ethan couldnt take him serious at this point, he pat him on the shoulder, "it's just fun that way."

their conversation was cut short when octavia and izzie walked in the room.