Chapter Thirteen

Unknown Date
Y/n's POV
Fuck, that hurts.

I slowly open my eyes, it's cold, I'm in the corner of a dark room, the walls are made up of grey stones and covered in vines. It smells damp, like an old basement. The bitter taste of iron coats my lips, I'm bleeding again, I must be. My head is throbbing, "Where the fuck am I?" I think to myself. I try to push myself off of the ground, but my hands are bound, which is strange because it doesn't feel like it.

"Don't try to stand, you can't." the woman's voice is low, I can't see where she is, she's not in the room.
"What is happening?" I try to speak, but nothing comes out.

"You're probably thinking, where am I? What's happening to me?", there's a pause and the woman enters the dark room, an ominous purple glow surrounding her body, she is dressed in an array of dark blues and purples. She has a broach with a symbol on it, the symbol that Bruce showed us at the meeting. Her dark hair like a lions mane, thick and wavy, lies past her shoulders. Her fingertips are devoid of colour as if she had dipped them in tar. "Questions, questions, all in good time, I promise." she chuckles. I try to speak again, "Oh, my bad," she says mockingly, "must have forgotten to lift that."
She flicks her wrist and my mouth opens.

"You know Y/n, I have heard all about you," she chuckles, she has a creature in her arms, but I can't quite make out what it is.

"Please, I don't even know who you are!" I yell, "if you let me go, I won't tell anyone you had me here!" She laughs again, and it echoes through the room.

"Oh, but why would I do a thing like that dear?" she places whatever it is she was holding down onto the floor. She summons a small orb of purple smoke and flicks it between her two index fingers. It disappears and she slaps a palm to her forehead. "How rude of me, I haven't even introduced myself," she raises her hand up from her sides and kicks her leg back into a bow.
"The name's Agatha Harkness."

"What have you done to me? What have you done to my friends?" Images of Natasha's bloody face flashes in my mind, Bruce and Wanda.
Agatha scoffs at me "Your friends? How can you call them your friends if they know nothing about you?"

I pause. It's her, she's the one in my nightmares. " I don't know what you're talking about." I objected.
"Of course you do!" she leans down close to my face.
"Please, I really don't know." I say.
"Huh," she replies, "well maybe this will help you remember." She lets out a loud and boisterous laugh. She flicks her wrist and a large door flies opens.

"Why don't you come on in Wanda?" Her hands winding in on themselves, surrounding her arms is a deep purple mist, it swirls around in a spiral. Her arm snaps back and Wanda is brought in through the door.

Wanda's hands are tied up behind her back, the same way mine are. She cries out in pain. My mind races with questions.
"Red, are you okay? Are you hurt? Did SHE hurt you?"
I can hear her voice in my head as she locks eyes with me: "It's okay, don't worry about me."
"Let her go Harkness!" I struggle with my hands. "You have me, now let her go."
Her hand waves and Wanda slams against the wall.
"Is this helping you remember Y/n?" Agatha yells, Wanda cries out in pain.
"NO! Wanda!"
Agatha slams her against the wall again, her face is purple and bleeding.
"LET HER GO!!" A surge of energy leaves my body and shakes the room.
"What the fuck?" Her face flashes in my mind. She's screaming, and her eyes are bleeding.  I shut my eyes tight, Agatha won't stop laughing. Her voice ringing in my ears, "Do you remember now Y/n?" Another slam. "How about now?" I shut my eyes tight.
"Please, I don't know. Please just stop."
Wanda is screaming, there's nothing I can do.

"WANDA!!"