Chapter Eleven

Sunday 7th May
Y/N's POV
"Nat!"

She rolls down the remainder of the stairs and onto her feet. I lunge forward to catch her arms in mine, helping her to stand. Her head is bleeding from Steve's heel. My eyes look her up and down for other injuries. "I'm okay," she insisted, she smiles at me, "don't worry about me."
Steve stands up on the top step of the staircase, grinning a bloody grin down on us. It sends a cold shiver down my spine, which Nat notices. She hushes her voice down, so that only I can hear her.
"I have to deal with this, don't try and stop me."
Before I can argue with her, before I can say 'this is my fight' or 'I can't let you do this for me' or even 'let me help you', she kisses me softly on the cheek, her lips feel soft on my cheek, like a Summer's breeze...

Natasha whips her head back around to look at Steve, who is slowly making his way down the staircase, he chortles "What are you waiting for Romanoff?"
She pauses and smirks, "This." and without a second to waste, she charges towards him with a kick, knocking him backwards onto the stairs.
He groans, lifting his arm up to defend her next attack, "Why couldn't you just leave them alone?" he exclaimed, kicking himself back onto his feet. He swipes at her with his left fist, but she ducks down, dodging him and swings back with hers. Knocking him back onto the stairs again. "What are you even talking about?" she shouts.
"They are mine!" he doesn't miss this time, sweeping her feet with his right foot, she tumbles. I try to go help her, but Fury holds me back.
"Y/n doesn't belong to anyone," You're a disgusting piece of shit!" She pushes back onto the banister and slams into him, but he doesn't fall this time.
"I should've killed you the first time you laid your hands on them." she said, half to me and half to Steve. She walks backwards down the stairs.
He laughs, walking down the stairs towards her, but keeps his eyes locked on me.
"I," he begins, "can do anything I want to."
He keeps walking down, Natasha is in front of me.
"I," he continues, "I'm Captain America."
She gently pushes me backwards with a hand behind her back. I stay behind her, protected by her, I feel safe with her. She wouldn't let him touch me.
Steve continues walking forward, "I. Am. Untouchable." he sneered, and with every pause, he takes a step. And with every step, Natasha pushes me farther away from him, protecting me.
"Untouchable?" she taunted, "oh, I wouldn't be so sure."

She nods over to Nick Fury, who is standing to the right of her. I couldn't see before, I was too focused on Natasha, but both Bruce and Wanda had joined Tony and Fury. Wanda holding on to Bruce's shoulder, putting pressure on him in order to keep him calm. We really don't need a Hulk situation right now.
"Now!" Fury yells.

And on command, Wanda enchants Steve, his eyes glowing a smoky red. She looks over to me, smiles and winks. She's never done that before, it seems kind of strange, but I brush it off.
Steve freezes and slowly drops to the floor, with Wanda's coercion guiding him. He's surrounded by a small red glow.

He's staring at me from across the room, my throat feels tight again and my arm is stinging.

(A/N: how are you enjoying the book so far?)