CHAPTER 25

Narrator :

The one thing a lot of people always failed to understand was that not everything was under their control regardless of how much they were pretending it was and this best described the current state the Princes had found themselves in.

Functionality was now something they realized they could no longer handle, no matter how much work they had done it still couldn't hide them away from the way they were feeling and to sum it all those around them seemed to have chosen to make themselves thorns in their flesh.

They just couldn't do it anymore,  For crying out loud a month had passed already, they had actually stayed seven days more yet the only time Xenia even spared them a glance was whenever they were having dinner together,  surely she wouldn't say that she never got their invitations to dinner, their visits at the temple since that seemed to be her new home yet nothing worked and eventually they understood that she was outright ignoring their presence and Yes they understood.

They continued to understand because they didn't expect her to  run back in their arms just because they supposedly saved her life, besides she wouldn't have been in danger in the first place if they'd just played their parts well so how could they be upset with her for acting the way anyone else would act.

     "Escuse me Sir but Mr Herold's here to see you"
Cara whispered quite annoyingly which in turn caught Xyon's attention.

    "The next time you barge into our office in that manner you have my word that you won't be leaving with your two legs"
He gritted with his eyes sparkling a gold that made the secretary rush out a yes before running off, Stupid.   Zeus mumbled causing Xavier to smile.

   "It would seem you and Zeus seem to be having a lot in common this days"
Xavier stated which in turn earned laughter from the brothers, they couldn't remember the last time they even smiled.

    "Cancel our meetings for the rest of the day Cara"
Xerxes spoke through his desk phone before picking the remote and shutting their door.
A little peace of mind never killed anyone before.

    "Do  you think she misses us even a little?"
Xerxes asked no one in particular.

  "I wouldn't know brother"
Xyon replied while Xavier shrugged because even he couldn't visit her the way he used to before, he wouldn't because he wanted to do right by her from that point forward.

  "There's so much I want to say to her"
Xerxes whispered to himself while the brothers smiled and whispered silent same heres.

    "Maybe we could kidnap her and take her to some romantic place where we could just confess our feelings"
Xyon suggested with an excited smile while the others looked at him like he'd grown two heads.

    "I see you've never been cursed by an oracle before, where the fuck did such an idea even come from?"
Xerxes queried Xyon who now seemed to be rethinking his idea.

    "It seemed like a good idea in my head"
He mumbled to himself.

   "Or we could just plan a getaway to the Antarctica, she was always curious about how wildlife survived out there"
Xavier suggested and it was his turn to get the weird looks from his brothers.

    "I do not plan on freezing to death thank you"
Xyon replied rather sarcastically.

    "And she was always curious, she never said she wanted to go there"
Xerxes commented which caused Xavier to roll his eyes.

    "What then do you suggest Mr smart pants"
Xyon reffered his question to Xerxes who smirked because he knew they were going to bury him alive for what he was about to suggest.

    "We could just beg her the old fashioned way, you know. A good dinner date, a public apology like our ancestors did and continuous apology and gestures till she would forgive us"
He shrugged and silently waited for the smack he knew would surely come from Xyon but it never did, instead he felt a sharp sting at the back of his head from where Xavier smacked him really hard.

    "You should have led with that dumb head"
With that they turned away from him, with Xyon facing the window and Xavier facing his laptop Xerxes wondered how he ended with such weird people as brothers.

Sometime later they heard a knock at the door and immediately the door was pushed open by non other than their aunt and at the sight of her they all groaned because they didn't even want to know how she got into the room without a key.

   "Oh come on boys, I thought I was your favorite aunt"
She whined with a pout adorning her face that now softened their hearts.

    "Fine, what do you want aunt and don't call us boys, how the hell are we boys?"
Xavier whined.

   "So it's okay to be called boys by your mom and  mate but I can't?,  you are so unfair"
She whined with a bigger pout now appearing in her face which made Xerxes sigh because he was honestly exhausted and he had absolutely no plans of entertaining this bickering the moment it began.

    "What do you want Aunt Natasha?"
He asked this time, a little more seriously which made his aunt stand from her sit, walked up to him and smacked him again,  at this rate he could feel a headache coming.

   "You will speak to me with respect child"
She ordered while Xerxes rubbed the area she smacked.

    "Sorry aunt"
He mumbled before looking away because he could hear his brothers stifling their laughs.

   "Good,  actually I came to discuss business with."
Their aunt finally answered which made them rather confused but they still listened though.

Except four hours later nothing worthwhile had been said, their aunt had gone in circles since she arrived and yet she never made a point directing to anything reasonable and looking outside they noticed that the sky was now dark.

  Xyon was about asking his aunt the entire point of this but got interrupted by their uncle who stepped in from Lord knows where.

   "Hello Xyon, Xerxes and Xavier"
Their uncle greeted with a smile and a nod at them before going over to place a kiss on their aunt's lips.
.
  "Alright good luck and Goodbye boys, I've got a date with the sexiest man alive"
Was all their aunt said before leaving them completely speechless.

What they didn't know was that they were in for a big surprise sometime later.