CHAPTER 22

Quick A/N:
Before I let you go into this chapter, I humbly request your attention :

First off, the Wattys are ending in a few days and I'm hoping that the prequel of this book actually does well up there.

But the main reason for this author's Note is a well deserved shout out to my very encouraging reader AdelineYA she's been a super awesome person so far,   So to AdelineYA, you are my inspiration for pushing this book to this extent and close to the finish line,  your support has been tremendous.

And to my other readers, those who never fail to vote I wish I could start mentioning y'all one after the other but since I can't, please know that your support means a whole lot to me.
Thank you for your time
Now please don't mind me and get on with your Book.

Xerxes:

I can't for the life of me remember the last time I was nervous about anything whatsoever, fear was always a constant factor because I never knew what could happen the next moment between us and Xenia but right now had to take the entire cake for my emotions since forever.

For some reason she was taking too long to speak and it made me fear that maybe I hurt her worse than the rest, maybe I did something she was trying to look past? Or was I not even going to get anything from her like my brothers?  Wait, what if she knew all along that I induced her all those years ago or maybe that I was always creeping about whenever she drew those masterpiece, I knew it was a terrible idea still I continued to do it.

   "And to my Xerxes"
She began and almost immediately I sighed a really loud sigh of relief, she even called me ''Her Xerxes",  what else could I wish for.

    "I remember the day you Unveiled the art gallery you opened in my name, words weren't enough to describe how I felt that day regardless of your feelings towards me at the time, I knew you might have done it because you ran out of naming options but its fine, simply seeing my name up there everytime is more than I could ever ask for.

Did you know I donated a new peice of art every time I painted a new batch?"
She asked and this time I was shocked because I never saw her draw anyone that were sent to the gallery, when did she draw those.

   "I felt that maybe with those new peice I could convey how grateful I was without truly coming to you in person because I didn't want you getting upset and removing my name"
Oh my ever so naive Xenia, I wonder why she would think I only used her name because I lacked naming options.

   "So I hope you continue to let it bear my name because I believe it's the one thing I have that is staying with you without you needing to stand my presence, and it's also the true definition of everything I've felt over the years so I have one request :  if you are watching this then it means I'm no more in this world and it also means that I can't create anymore arts to stay with you when I couldn't so please when that time comes, Go to Elaine, she will show you a batch I made, they aren't as sophisticated as the rest seeing as I made them in my dying days but please take them with you, let' it be wherever you call home because then I would know that I was once a person whose stories were told through a rough peice of art that depicted how rough her dying days were.

I do not expect guilt from either of you if at all you start feeling that way, in the end the choice to break our bond was one I made and it had nothing to do with either of you and if anything then I owe you an apology because all those years ago, through our bonds you became my life support without your knowledge or permission and for that I am deeply sorry.

Everyday you were told the story behind our birth and how aunt Natasha' almost gave her life for me but what you never knew was that even after then, I was never given an independent life force and I never got to know what I did so wrong to deserve a fate so cruel no one should deserve it.

Then the years began to roll by and the mate bond began to form and somehow I became more attached to you than any normal mate should be, and for that I'm sorry,  I know that you had every right to know that our bond went deeper than a mate's bond but I was selfish and chose to stay alive instead.

Irrespective of the chains I held you back with you still never rejected me, I knew that dad was threatening you not to but I believe that you had every right to if you had decided to do it but you never did.

I guess after the death of Melissa I realized how much pain I was causing all of us hence my reasons for rejecting your bond and the energy you were offering that kept me alive all these years, now I hope you see why you should never feel guilty for anything"

She stopped and walked over to the desk and poured a glass of water while I began to think about so many things and yet nothing was making sense, how was it even possible and why would she make the choice of rejecting us when she knew it was bound to get her killed .

   "She knew. She was going to die so why the fuck did she do it?"
Xavier whispered to himself before turning to me in question while I looked away because just this once in our lives I had absolutely no idea what was going on and I was clueless to a fault.