CHAPTER 12

Xyon:

Arriving at aunt Natasha's kingdom was one thing but sitting before her and been starred down upon was actually another thing and fate be willing I hoped to never be on the receiving end of her condescending stares ever again.

   "I could never understand why you let this fester into whatever it is today."

She said to no one in particular and I was in no haste to be the first to speak because I sure as hell had no plans of being on her bad book if I wasn't already.

  "You made the decision to stay away from her because you thought that child died because she chose to save your lives instead but what you failed to understand was that the child was going to die regardless of what you thought Xenia could have done in the situation.

you were all young, she had just began to learn her place as oracle, she chose the first thing her instincts directed her to and in that instance it was your lives,   what were you supposed to do to change anything?"

  "You gave her space because you thought it was what was best to avoid a situation like that from ever occurring again but my question is how did that work out for you?"

She asked before going all up in Xerxes face.

   "For years you would watch her paint, stay till the tale behind every art peice is told and after which you would purchase the ones you believed were most intimate to her and   as if that wasn't enough you went as far as opening an art gallery all in her name with the hopes of gifting it to her and my question is how did you think that would play out?"

At the thought of Xerxes love for Xenia's arts I smiled a sad smile cause I remembered how Xerxes made sure we had an abundance of Xenia's art peices in the penthouse, I always wondered what he'd do if she ever took us unaware and visited but he'd always shrug like he didn't care.

   " What about you Xyon?" she asked with a perfectly manicured finger pointed directly to my face.
   "everyday you would hide behind your cloak, creepily walking her through the temple till she was done with everything she had doing for the day, what was the point of always being there if she had no clue that you were even there at all, worse of all you would get jealous whenever you found any male even smiling at her, What was your plan Xyon?  To stand in the way of another man when you were obviously getting it with another woman?"

She yelled in my face and thoughtlessly I hid my face behind my palms cause she was right and never have I felt so ashamed of myself like the way I did right now.

I remember all those times I would watch her smile at the children, offer hugs  to the older people and help the pregnant females who would come to the sanctuary and through it all I would hide behind my cloak because I couldn't afford to be seeing with her when I should have just been a better man by walking her wherever she wanted..

  "Don't even get me started with you Xavier who watched her cry herself to sleep most nights and in the end you would take her pain away,  you knew that it was like an endless circle with her, it was a recurring event so what was the point of taking the pain away when the source of her pain was you, she was never happy as long as you were with someone else but for some reason she kept telling herself that she could never force you to love her, you knew everything yet you spent nights reducing her sorrows but my question is, who did you expect to take the pain away all those times you weren't there cause it sure as hell wasn't me"

  I watched Xavier look away right on time before the tears fell.

   "For so long you feared for what your presence in Xenia's life would cost her when your real fear should have been what your absence would do to her,  as the next line of Kings I know you are no fools and you know that for every action, there is a consequence.
     Your absence in her life is about to cost you her life and its not in my place to tell you why.
All these years you've spent, maltreating and disrespecting a woman who gave you her all and all for what?, and the worse is your continuous  refusal of leaving her alone.
You wanted her but you kept telling yourselves that you were going to be the bane of her existence and as a result
you endured a lust filled entanglement.
And when it was time to leave it all behind you couldn't bring yourselves to do it, all because you thought you owed that female some loyalty but in reality what you never knew was that she never loved you to begin with,  she found her mate and she was going to use you for all you are worth"

I watched as she took deep breaths and went over to the balcony that overlooked acres of untouched lands.

    "Xenia is somewhere in the world awaiting an end that doesn't need to come and  if it comes to it then your only choice would be to mark her,  I hope you make it better boys. I was always rooting for you"

Trust aunt Natasha' to leave you more confused than she actually met you.