25| Jealous and Justified

Start from the beginning

After the Hamilton disaster, everyone was laughing their asses off and took a bit of a break. Then, Tony went up and grabbed a microphone and everyone cheered.

"Okay, okay I wanna sing 'I See The Light' from Tangled-," Natasha and Rhodey and Sam all cheered again, making Tony laugh, "buuuuut, I need someone to do the Flynn Rider part."

No one responded, making Tony groan.

"Come onnn!" Clint turned around and looked at Steve and Bucky talking amongst themself towards the back of the room. Neither of them has sung yet.

"Steve, you haven't gone yet," Clint pointed out. The blond looked away from his best friend and at everyone else. Tony was standing with a microphone in his hand and looking at him.

"Um... I'm not really the best singer," Steve said warily. Tony pouted. He actually pouted at him.

Steve really didn't want to embarrass himself. He really can't sing, and the song sounds so intimate. He didn't want to mess it up.

"I'll do it," the voice came from next to steve. It was Bucky. Bucky. What did Bucky know about singing?

Steve looked at Tony and noticed how his pout (that he caused) turned into a huge smile (that Bucky caused).

Bucky got up from the seat and made his way to the make-shift stage. All of their friends, besides, Steve, started cheering him on. Steve pursed his lips. Why was he mad? Just... Tony and Bucky felt like people from two of his different lives (which is stupid, because they're technically part of the same friend group now) and he didn't want them to interact. Which sounds just outright terrible, rude, and evil.
In all honestly, Steve didn't want them to like each other more than they liked him.

Tony handed the second microphone to Bucky and went to pull up the song. Bucky looked down to Sam in the "audience" and winked at him.

"All those days, watching from the windows," Tony started to sing after the introduction passed. And holy shit, Steve had no idea that Tony Stark could sing. It didn't even sound like he was putting in all of his efforts, and he sounded fucking amazing. "All those years, outside looking in."

Tony continued to sing the Rapunzel part from one side of the stage, while Bucky stood at the other side. He wasn't looking at Bucky while he sang, he looked kind of nervous, and his eyes kept shifting around. But everyone else had their eyes on him.

"And at last I see the light, and it's like the fog has lifted. And at last, I see the light, and it's like the sky is new.

And it's warm and real and bright, and the world has somehow shifted. All at once, everything looks different," Tony finally looked up from the ground to look at Bucky, "now that I see you."

Just then, as if remembering something, Tony let out an "oh!" and ran off the fake stage. Bucky called out after him, like some cliche late 90s rom-com, and watched as Stark opened the basement closet. He was looking for something.

"Tony! Hurry up the break is almost over!" Everyone would call to him, as it was almost time for Bucky to start singing. Finally, Tony pulled something out with a grin and put it on his head.

It was a long blonde wig.

Dork.

Stark made it back on the stage right as Flynn's part started. Bucky and Tony stood beside one another, only a foot apart, looking at each other.

"All those days, chasing down a daydream," chasing down her, "all those years, living in a blur," he didn't want to live in a blur, "all that time, never trying seeing things, the way they were," he saw things they way they wore now. It wasn't his fault.