Chapter 14: Disney Classic? Never heard of it

I don't own Percy Jackson or Young Justice.

Guess who's back! 😁

Currently, most of the team was in the common room of the cave, getting together for one of their arranged movie nights. Artemis and Megan were sitting on the couch, facing each other and talking in whispers. Kaldur and Conner had each taken one of the arm chairs on either side of the room. Robin and Wally were sitting on the floor in their nest of pillows and blankets. Their backs to the love seat.

They were waiting for Tidal Wing to arrive, seeing as she had had patrol with Batman in Gotham. When she arrived, she was dressed in comfortable civvies, just like everyone else, but instead of wearing glasses like Robin, she wore her mask. Dick took in her outfit, black leggings and a beige hoodie, which probably belonged to Wally if the size of it was anything to go by. 

She walked into the kitchen, grabbing a bowl of blueberries before saying her hellos to the team and flopping down between Dick and Wally. Just as she was about to ask what movie they were gonna watch, Zatanna walked in. 

Everyone turned to her and Percy winced internally. Seeing Zatanna there only reminded her of how they failed to save her dad. All because of the so called lord of chaos and that stupid helmet of Fate.

She could see the sadness in the younger girl’s eyes. That was, whenever Zatanna came out of her room, which was rare. Bruce had offered her to stay with them, after all, he had promised Giovanni that he would care for her. If she had agreed, they would have revealed their identities to her. However, she had decided that for the moment, she would rather stay in the mountain, and so, she had no idea who the Bats were.

She gave a small smile and spoke. “Can I join you guys?”

Megan perked up. “Of course! You can sit with Artemis and me!”

Kaldur nodded. “I agree. It would be a pleasure for you to join us. Since it’s your first time, I suggest you pick the movie.”

Everyone else nodded in agreement, smiling at Zatanna. Her smile grew a bit at that. She sat down between Artemis and Megan, thinking for a bit before speaking. “How about Lion King?”

Dick frowned. “Lion King? I’ve never heard of it before.”

“Me either.” Percy said.

Artemis doned an incredulous look. “You’ve never watched Lion King? It’s a Disney classic!” The duo just shook their heads. The archer turned to the rest of the room. “What about you guys?”

Megan, Conner, and Kaldur shook their heads. Wally spoke up. “I watched it when I was like, five. I didn’t get past the first half hour before I fell asleep.” He shrugged.

Zatanna spoke. “So Lion King it is.”

Grabbing the remote, Artemis searched for the movie and clicked play, then tossed it off to the side.

_________

Kaldur lost interest a few minutes into the movie. It wasn’t that he didn’t like it, but more like he had more interesting things to think about. One of them being Tidal Wing.

More specifically, what she had done the day the adults disappeared. She had offered herself as the new Doctor Fate to save Zatara. What had surprised him was that Fate had greatly considered the offer. 

“A great warrior.” He had said. “Skilled in many ways, but not in the art of magic, unfortunately. Otherwise, you would be the perfect host.”

Kaldur had seen the girl struggle against Wally and Robin. Trying to get to the new hero. He knew the girl was still upset, if the way she acted around Zatanna said anything. He thought it most likely that she still blamed herself for Zatara, although she had not been the one to blame. None of them were.

__________

They were only about 30 minutes into the movie when things went south. Percy had gotten up to get more snacks along with Wally, since he was the one who ate them all. They came back just in time to see Mufasa fall to his death. She dropped the bowl of popcorn she had in her hands. 

Everyone turned to look at them. Wally whispered. “Shit.” 

Turning to look at Dick, she paled. The boy was staring at the wall just off to the side of the tv, frozen. No one else seemed to have noticed his change. She turned her head back and forth, looking for the remote. Not finding it fast enough, she spoke. “Turn it off!”

With that, she jumped over the couch, running to Dick, who had begun to shake. In a rush of wind, the television was turned off, cutting off Simba’s crying. Wally was standing awkwardly next to Percy, who now had a crying Robin in her arms.

She whispered what seemed to be reassurances in another language. One none of them had heard before.

The team didn't know what was going on. It worried them.

After a few minutes, Robin stopped shaking. Tidal Wing whispered a few more words before looking up at Wally, who seemed to get the message. He picked the boy wonder in his arms and sped out of the room.

The girl stood up, brushed popcorn kernels off her leggings, and turned to the team. Kaldur was the first to snap out of his confusion. "What happened?"

Tidal Wind sighed. She seemed to contemplate something before typing quickly into her wrist computer and looking back up at them.

"Robin...has a bad history with falling." She paused as if looking for the right words. "Something, traumatic happened to him before he became Robin."

That was all the explanation she offered. The team processed her words, but none of them spoke.

Once Percy deemed the words to be sunken in, she spoke again. "Don't ask him about it. If he wants to share, he will. Understood?" There was a dangerous edge to her voice, one they hadn't her from her before. Protective.

Artemis looked like she wanted to speak. Kaldur cut her off before she could. "Yes."

Zatanna spoke then, seemingly trying to apologize. Percy waved her off. "You didn't know."

And with those final words, the girl turned around, headed in the direction Wally had sped off to.

I'm back benches.

I know I haven't updated in a while, but I'm not saying sorry.

I had writers block for both of my stories on here, and I kinda still do. I do not like how this chapter turned out, but whatever.

I wrote it cause I was having a sucky day and was reading through comments of the story. You guys are so nice, seriously. They made me feel better and someone even used yoda to say my work was good. Much appreciated @Guppy7279

Anyways, I can't say I'll be updating this regularly. I'm trying to deal with high school, which in nothing like middle school :/

Thank you guys for reading and for over 1k! (I turn around for 1 second, jeez)

Stay whelmed cupcakes -j.d