--------------

At the other side of the world, Alexander became very serious and more aloof as time passes by. He almost didn't rest and is working everyday to distract himself from thinking so much about Natalia and the upcoming wedding.

Currently, Zion Group has been expanding to different parts of the world. This kind of project took a toll on Alexander's health. He always wanted to personally oversee, as much as possible, the initial stage of the business combinations.

Even though Alexander still emits a cold and very powerful presence, Sergei noticed that his boss lost some weight and still drinks every night.

"Sir, old master Gates just arrived." The assistant informed him. The old man has recently learned about Alexander and the duchess.

The young man exhaled as he saw his grandfather entered the office.

"Boy. How are you?" The old man marched towards his grandson and hugged him tightly.

"I...I'm fine Grandpa." The young man replied with a worn-out voice.

"I already know. I'm not angry if that's one of your concerns. I won't be mad at my future great grandchild. We will welcome him." The old man sincerely stated. From their family's perspective, every child is a blessing.

"Thank you." Alexander simply replied not knowing what to feel about it.

After an hour of talking with one another, his grandfather also informed him that he's staying at the Gates Mansion until the wedding which will be held a month from now.

Alexander just nodded and escorted the old man to the elevator after saying his goodbye.

Once his grandfather left, another person came into the office.

"What're you doing here?" Alexander coldy asked.

"I've prepared a home-made dinner for you." The duchess said timidly. She spent a lot of time preparing the dish especially for Alexander. This past months, she was staying at his penthouse but the man stayed at another place. He never once visited her. But the duchess won't give up. She knows that Alexander would warm up sooner.

The man just stared at her lazily and then shifted his gaze at the packed dinner. After a while, he just nodded and refocused his eyes to the computer screen. "Leave it there." He simply said.

Duchess Ruth was hurt but still smiled. She turned to leave and exit the office when she heard a voice.

"Wait." Alexander uttered standing up and got something from a medical box. He marched towards the duchess and gave her a new medical plaster.

Duchess Ruth was touched and smiled widely. "Thank you." She immediately replaced the old plaster which was placed on her left thumb. The woman bade her farewell and exited his office happily and full of hope.

Alexander nonchalantly went back to his seat and looked at the used plaster, which has blood, in his hand. He contemplated for a while and called Sergei via intercom. He marched towards the medical box and pulled out a safety pin then pricked his thumb. Next, he collected a small amount of blood and put it in a small clean tube which he also got from the kit.

Sergei saw what Alexander has done. And without any instruction, he picked up the vial and the used bandage securing it inside a resealable bag. He immediately exited the office and drove to a hospital.

--------------

Two days after.

While waiting for the paternity test result, an irritated voice can be heard again inside the President's office. The man who's talking abruptly ended the call from overseas.

"Sergei, what's happening at the other projects?" Alexander asked in a chilling tone.

"Sir, some of the companies' renovation will be halted due to different situations." The assistant gave him a copy of the reports.

Alexander creased his brows after reading the documents. The shareholders and directors were already pressuring him to start the renovations on the newly acquired companies so that they can operate early and apply the new accommodation rates.

"Tell those people to start the remodeling at once. We're already behind the schedule." Alexander firmly ordered while typing to his laptop.

"Sir, there's one company which is requesting to push back the renovation for a day. They have committed to an event prior the acquisition." Sergei informed him.

"Tell them, we won't be rescheduling." His boss replied unwilling to bend.

"They said that an important person will visit the premises in less than two weeks. They couldn't do anything for the moment as per the management." Sergei added while reading the email on his tablet.

Alexander shut his eyes tightly. He stood up and stared at his assistant. He decided to make an example out of this little company that's stubborn enough to defy his orders.

"Call my pilot and prepare the plane. I'll make an example out of them. They should learn who to obey." The cold-hearted boss declared.

"Noted, Sir." The assistant sighed and contacted the private plane's crew.

"What's the name of that company?" Alexander walked towards his mini bar and poured some wine to his glass.

"The Subarashi Yama Grand Hotel at Tokyo." Sergei replied.

*****

Trivia: Scientists have for long known that fetal DNA is present in maternal blood during pregnancy. Using state of the art technology, they are able to isolate the fetal DNA from the maternal blood plasma. The NIPP (Non-Invasive Prenatal Paternity) testing is performed using NSG (Next Generation Sequencing) technology. They can examine 2,688 SNPs (Single Nucleotide Polymorphism) in order to make a determination of paternity.

But yeah, correct me if I'm wrong. ^_^