36. Rewrite

A/N: Cool down guys. Thanks for staying. :)

#######

Alexander woke up in the same worse state. The memories from yesterday quickly resurfaced which made him sullen. He was still surprised at the test result which they had received. He shook his head and slowly got up to get a glass of water from the kitchen.

Taking a glimpse of the crumpled paper on the trash bin, he gritted his teeth but his mind started to work. He thought that he needs to focus and see things thoroughly.

With a bit of strength that he has, he tried to compose himself, pondered for a while and called Boar for a set of instructions before going to the bathroom.

"Sir, your breakfast." Sergei entered the presidential suite and told the server to arrange the food on the dining table.

Alexander, who just came out of the shower wearing a bathrobe, sat down and ate. He needed to regain his strength and be sober minded...now that a glimpse of hope is at hand.

--------------

Afternoon

"Young miss, this is the copy of the layout of the venue for the social function and this one is the list of ornamental pieces to be displayed for that event." The assistant handed the documents to Natalia as the latter continued typing on her laptop.

They are reviewing about the grand opening of The Belle Shop early next month which is near the grand hotel and also were busy with the social gathering for the potential investors this coming weekend. The outline for the soft launching was now fully cemented so they're moving forward to the next stages.

"Thanks Deedee. Are the shipments, right on schedule?" She asked smiling and took a glance on the documents. She nodded with satisfaction as she read the files.

"Yes. Also, the business permits are right on track. We will received them next week before the shop opening." Her assistant replied and scanned Natalia's email for any unread or unaswered queries.

"Young miss, your spam folder has a message." Natalia glanced at the tablet over Deedee's hand.

"I'll check it later. Ignore it for the meantime." Natalia nonchalantly uttered.

After reviewing several documents, Natalia shut her eyes and rest for a while. She subconsciously reached for her cellphone as it started to ring.

"Piglet. I missed you!" Her brother uttered loudly. The siblings were constantly calling each other twice a week.

"Can you get any louder?" Natalia chuckled.

"I have a surprise for you." Jake said with a delightful tone.

"Alright. Better not joke on me, brother." Natalia warned but still smiled.

The line was silent for a while.

"Brother....for the nth time---" Natalia uttered cautiously as she narrowed her eyes.

"Little monster..."

The woman abruptly stood up and her eyes instantly sting.

"D...dad?..I miss you... I miss you.. I'm coming home." The woman said crying her heart out and called out Deedee to book a flight right at that moment.

"I'll be waiting..."

Natalia and Deedee started to pack their suitcases as soon as the call ended.

"Young miss, I already informed the Lee family about the situation." Deedee informed her as they strolled out of the suite.