Chapter 32 - Rip the Band-Aid Off

Raziel's POV

"Have fun," I murmur before connecting my lips to Kai's in a tender kiss.

I love the way he reacts to me. He completely relaxes, becoming putty in my arms and molding to my body as soft sighs of content spill from his throat. His hands grip the front of my thick jacket, pulling me closer, and his silky soft lips, which taste of strawberry, move against mine in the most tantalizing rhythm.

After a few more seconds of enjoying his lips, I break our kiss, a little more aware of the humans around us than Kai seems to be.

The same look of pure joy and slight bewilderment that he gets every time we kiss lights up his face, and he tugs my head back down to him, pecking my lips. "I'd have more fun if you come with me," he whispers, batting his eyelashes.

It's almost impossible to deny him, but I promised him I'd find a way to help Lance and I have an idea of how I could keep that promise, so while he goes shopping with Milan and Declan, I'll be finding out some information from the demon. Lance will be joining me while I speak with Zorander because Milan can't see him, so Kai and Declan wouldn't be able to talk to him much if he went shopping with them.

However, I didn't get a chance to tell Kai what I'll be up to since I haven't had a minute alone with him since we left the house this morning. Even now I can feel Milan and Declan hovering nearby as they wait for Kai.

"I'll see you back at the house, my sweet human," I whisper back, pressing a chaste kiss to his lips. He pouts a little but nods and waves bye to me while Declan waves bye to Lance, earning an odd look from Milan before they all leave to go shopping.

Milan wanted a new outfit for the party tonight, and Declan wanted to get his mom a welcome home gift for when she gets discharged from the hospital, so Kai suggested they all go to the mall once school had finished.

"Are we going to principal Ryu's house?" Lance questions, spotting the demon approaching us.

"I'm not sure if Milan is going straight to Kai's house after they leave the mall, and it would be awkward if she returned with Kai before we finish our discussion," I reply, raising an eyebrow in a silent question to the demon who shrugs and gestures to his car.

Lance is unusually quiet on the way to Zorander's house, still not entirely used to the demon's cold demeanor. Thankfully the drive there is short and Lance springs from the car like a trapped rabbit as soon as Zorander announces that we've reached our destination.

"What do you want to eat, hollow?" Zorander grunts once we're seated on his couch.

"Hollows can eat?" Both Lance and I inquire at the same time.

Zorander gives me a puzzled look. "I expected the soul not to know, but you've been around just as long as I have, you should know."

"I never paid much attention to humans and how their afterlife works. I've met very few ghosts and hollows in my life, all of them only briefly. This is the most time I've spent interacting with one," I respond, a little annoyed at the demon for his comment.

I know of the important things. Ask me to list all the poisons in the universe or do any evasive manoeuvre or wield any weapon, I can do any of those in a heartbeat.

"He can eat, the food just needs to be offered to him." The demon opens a cupboard and mini fridge both filled with snacks and Lance beams, rushing over and pointing to a chocolate bar. Zorander then puts the chocolate between two candles on the table in front of Lance and lights the candles, muttering under his breath, "I offer this food to the hollow in my presence."