Chapter 27 - Guys Throwing Axes

Here is a picture of an axe throwing place, where the activities of this chapter take place ^^

Kai's POV

I hand in my Spanish test and release a sigh of relief. Raziel who is sitting next to me moves his chair closer and ruffles my hair. "How was the test?" He whispers in my ear before kissing my temple.

He decided to come to my Spanish test with me as moral support. Since he couldn't play with his new phone, he actually took the test! It was so funny peeking over to find him scribbling away on the paper. Sometimes he would already be staring at me with a soft smile and I would have to force myself not to giggle or to move closer and kiss him.

I turn to face my angel and smile when he immediately pecks my lips. "It was good! I think I'll do well," I reply and Raziel smiles brightly, looking extremely proud of me which makes my heart swell with joy and pride. No one has been proud of me in a really long time and I can't help the smile that spreads across my face.

"Really because it was awful!" Milan exclaims. She's sitting on the other side of me so I turn around to look at her. I feel Raziel gently playing with my hair and I nuzzle into his hand which causes him to let out a light chuckle. "I don't even know if I read the instructions correctly!" Milan adds grumpily.

"I'm sure it's not as bad as you think," Ayaan, who's sitting in front of us, says after turning around. "You usually know more than you think you do."

Hunter scoffs. "I usually know less than I think I do," he mutters sulkily. "But I'm glad it's over."

The bell rings officially signalling the end of the school day and we all start putting away our things and getting ready to leave.

"Do you wanna grab some pizza?" Milan inquires, turning towards me with a quizzical look.

Jax immediately stops packing up and focuses on us. "We can go axe throwing? Might be good to let out your frustration. You can even pretend the target is Mrs. Gonzalez's face," Jax suggests, trying to make it look like he's talking to Hunter and Milan but I notice his eyes keep drifting to me. Raziel seems to notice it as well because he stops playing with my hair and wraps his arms around me, resting his head on my shoulder. I smile and lean into his embrace.

"I like our Spanish teacher but I'd totally be willing to throw an axe at her pretend face," Hunter mutters with a frown, running his hand through his wavy blonde hair.

Ayaan chuckles. "I don't think it was that bad. But I'm always up for axe throwing!"

That does sounds fun! "Raz? Do you want to go?" I question, shifting in his embrace so that I can see his face. Raziel smiles and nods before kissing the tip of my nose. I giggle and Milan also agrees that axe throwing could be fun.

We decide to meet there and set off in our respective cars. On the way there, Raziel inquires about J-walking and I spend the rest of the drive explaining traffic rules and signs to him..

"Woah I've never been axe throwing before," I say once we arrive and I take in the scene.

It has a very rustic look with racks of axes of different sizes close to the walls. There are high mahogany chairs and tables all placed near to the back wall. The floor is grey with scuff marks everywhere and there are wooden boards with concentric circles in different colours drawn onto them. Each section is partitioned with high fences on both sides and the floor within the throwing area is a black, cushiony material.

"Me neither!" Milan exclaims, looking around excitedly.

Ayaan chuckles. "We come here often, since Hunter works here part time."