They didn't really know where they were supposed to go but decided to just walk in a direction that would seem familiar. They passed Church Prime and the UFO as well as what seemed to be a construction site for a gigantic building.

(Y/N) didn't bother thinking about it too much and just continued to walk along the wooden path. The SMP seemed empty, which was quite odd, considering the fact that it was the middle of the day.

Without any people on the streets, it obviously was fairly silent, which caused (Y/N) to flinch at a sudden noise. It was a loud bang that had come from another construction site. (Y/N) curiously walked towards it and found Ranboo almost buried under multiple wooden planks.

"Sorry!" Another voice yelled from the top of the building in front of (Y/N). "Are you alright?" (Y/N) now asked and stepped closer to the taller one.

"I think I might have a concussion, and I am currently being buried alive, but yes, I am completely fine," he responded sarcastically as he attempted to push the wood off of him.

(Y/N) picked up some of it and leaned it against the wall before helping the taller one up. Ranboo seemed slightly taken aback because he hadn't recognized (Y/N)'s voice.

"Uh- Good morning," he then somewhat forced himself to start a conversation, "did you sleep well?" "I'm fine, don't worry," (Y/N) answered, "how is the hotel coming along?" The two now looked towards the mixture of yellow concrete and dark wooden planks that was this mess of a yet-to-be-finished building.

"Well... We're getting somewhere," Ranboo said, clearly not convinced by what he was saying. "Hey, are you getting that wood up here anytime soon?" The same voice from before yelled again. "Yeah, just give me a second!" Ranboo yelled back.

He now walked towards the wood (Y/N) had placed against the wall and picked it up. "Well, work is calling," he said in hopes of ending the conversation and sending (Y/N) away. "But 'work' doesn't seem to be coming along too well, does it?" (Y/N) asked and leaned against some scaffolding, "Do you guys need some help?"

"No, I think we're doing fine, really," Ranboo said, trying to avoid a confrontation between his platonic husband and the former prisoner, "and shouldn't you be resting anyway? You must be very hungover from all that drinking last night."

"As you can tell, I am doing perfectly fine," (Y/N) responded and gave the taller one a smug grin, showing him that 'no' wasn't an answer right now.

"Hey, get your ass up here!" The voice yelled once again and now leaned their head over the wooden structure, "No chit-chat on the job, boss-man!" "Oh dear god," Ranboo mumbled under his breath as (Y/N) started talking.

"Tubbo, if I remember correctly?" They yelled up at him, "Do you two maybe need help with this?" The smaller one's happy face vanished within the second he saw (Y/N)'s face and was replaced by shock and disbelief.

He immediately dropped the tools he was holding and jumped off of the unfinished hotel. He pulled the Netherite sword from its scabbard on his belt and held it against (Y/N)'s neck. "How?!" he yelled at them with rage not only in his voice but also on his face, "How are you here?!"

(Y/N) noticed the way too tight grip of the smaller one's dominant hand around the sword's handle and how he held his other one behind him, in an attempt to keep Ranboo away and safe from (Y/N). They smiled at that and bit into their loaf of bread.

"Sam let me out," they answered with a mouth full of bread. "As if anyone would believe that," Tubbo said tauntingly, not letting his guard down.

"You can believe whatever you want, I'm not here to judge," (Y/N) said and swallowed the bread, "but I believe you have become a mighty fine young man. I hear you're married? And you are starting a hotel business? I truly am impressed."

"Oh, cut the bullshit!" Tubbo yelled at them, "You better get back to prison, or I will cut your head off!" "Listen, I don't want to live with Phil and Techno either, but I really can't do anything about it right now," they said.

"What are you talking about?" Tubbo asked, confused. (Y/N) looked at his hands again, noticing that he abruptly had loosened his grip. "I'm just saying it, how it is," they said and suddenly grabbed the sword by its blade and pulled it out of Tubbo's hand, "I'm also saying that I don't like having weapons pointed at me."

(Y/N) threw the sword over Tubbo's head and into Ranboo's empty hand. Tubbo looked at them with a shocked expression and now clenched his fists and held them up to his chest, seemingly ready to start a fight if he had to.

(Y/N) looked at him funny and petted his fluffy hair. "As I said, I'm out. Not by breaking out, but because Sam let me. So I don't see why I should fight you," (Y/N) said, continuing to pat the smaller one's head.

Ranboo now handed Tubbo his sword and gave him a reassuring smile. "It's okay," he said, finally trying to calm his platonic husband down, "I've met them and so far, they've been quite alright." Tubbo was still unsure and kind of overwhelmed by all of this information but decided to trust Ranboo's judgment.

"So, do you mind if I help you two out with this?"

------------------

1531 words

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ To be continued ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰