Chapter 19

I woke up, to see Riley sharpening her knife by the fire. Nobody else was up. I stood, and walked over to the fire. "Ugh," Riley whispered under her breath. "What do you want?!" I asked angrily. "Just leave, Abby! Leave! It would be better for all of us!" Riley yelled. My eyes watered and I looked over at Carl. He was still asleep. Riley put her hand over her pistol. My hands trembled as I picked up my sword from the ground. "You're right. Okay? You're right. He won't have to worry about me anymore," I said. I grabbed my bag, and put my gun and sword pouch on. I walked away, not only leaving behind Daryl, but also leaving behind Carl.
        I looked up at the weak tree. I quickly turned as I heard walkers. I took my knife out and angrily stabbed them in the head, my hands quickly getting full of their blood. I turned back around, and started to walk. I weakly jogged. "I can't go back," I mumbled under my breath. I slightly turned back around. I sighed and walked again. I took my pistol out of the holster, aiming it on a rabbit. The rabbit ran, and I shot, missing. I angrily threw my gun, and fell down crying. I sniffled and wiped the tears away, when a tall building caught my eye. I picked up my gun, and started to walk towards the town.
        "Hello?!" I yelled as I examined the town. I started to jog as I heard a loud noise. It sounded like a gun, but I couldn't quite be sure. A man came into sight, and walkers piled on top of him. I covered my mouth as I quickly went out of the walkers view. I held in tears, and went a different way.
        I opened the door to the hospital slowly. It was the one where we had found Beth. I walked around the hospital, finding bodies of the people that were here. I found bandages and peroxide, and put them in my bag. I looked for food, finding a couple nutrition bars and a couple bottles of water. I lifted up a mattress, finding lollipops. I took them, put them in my bag, and left the hospital. I sighed as I walked around, finding no signs of anyone. There has to be more people then our group. Maybe a group that can help me forget about the fact that I left Carl. Riley was right, it will be better for everyone. Mostly Carl. I just hope that he doesn't look for me.
        I found a nice spot to rest just before night came in. I put my head in my hands, and cried. Lifting my head slightly, I sniffled. I closed my eyes, and fell into a deep sleep.
        Waking up, I remember I was alone. I sighed and stood, walking out of the small house. I walked out of the town, and started to walk along the road. I found the truck where we found Daryl again, and memories started to flow into my head. Quickly looking away, I kept walking. I ignored the walkers in the woods, but instead started to run.
        I finally went back into a walk, giving my leg a break. I didn't shiver anymore, but instead nearly sweat. I went through my bag, and drank a small sip of water. Who knows how long i'll be alone, I need to save water and food.
        I watched the men as they talked. "We need more people!" one of the men yelled. I saw one women trying to calm them down. "Stop it you guys!" she yelled. I started to walk away, when I stepped on a stick. I froze, and felt the men coming closer. "You!" one of them shouted. I slowly turned around, and put my arms up. The women smiled with bright eyes, but I kept a straight face. The lead man walked over. "Well well, we found someone. Happy now?" he asked the other man. The man nodded. "I'm John, that's Mary, and my friend over there is Andy," John explained. "Abby," I answered. He nodded. "Follow me," he said.
        The men led me to a building, a whole bunch of people in it. "We have certain rules to go by," John told me. I nodded. "You break a rule, and you get a consequence," he assured me. "Okay," I answered. I found a spot to sleep, and opened up my bag. I took out a picture of my mom and sister. Mary came over, and I lifted my head. "Your mom?" she asked me. "Oh, um, yeah," I answered as I put the picture back in my bag. I placed my bag next to me. Mary walked away, and I closed my eyes, falling asleep.
        I woke up to yelling, and saw a man being whipped by John. I quickly stood, backing away from where I was sleeping. I covered my mouth, scared. John looked at me. He went back to whipping the man. I wanted to run over. I tried to, but Mary held me back. The man being whipped let out a last yell, when his eyes closed. He was dead.