Chapter 2

I held my gun up, watching Rick and the strange man they called "Governor" talk. I kept it aimed on the Governor, since you never know when something could happen. I stayed next to Daryl and Carl, my sword in the pouch among my back. Suddenly, I saw Governor cut off Hershel's head. Angrily, we all started shooting. I ran, trying to get closer to help Rick. I kept my gun up while I ran, when I lost track of Rick. I looked around alertly, and started to shoot at the people shooting at us. I started to run back to Daryl and Carl, but I saw they were gone as I got there. I sighed heavily and kept running and shooting. I saw Rick again, and ran over silently. I slowly and quietly grabbed my sword, as Rick was laying on the ground. He was breathing heavily. I took my sword and stabbed Governor in the back, making him fall over as I pulled it back out.
        I helped Rick up, as he walked out. He started to look for Carl, and I tried to follow. Walkers started to come over, and I slashed their heads off with my sword. I cleared the ones around me, and tried to follow Carl and Rick. "Rick! Carl!" I yelled. They kept walking, when they went out of sight. I choked down tears, and kept fighting the walkers around me. I killed the last one, and fell onto my knees. I started to cry, weak and scared. Finally standing, I looked in the direction in which Carl and Rick went. I started to walk that way, trying to follow. I walked for what felt like forever, when I suddenly saw fresh shoe prints in the mud. I slightly smiled, and started to follow them.
         I kept walking and walking, hoping to see them. I sighed and looked around, seeing if they were around. The thing is, I have a crush on Carl, and hated being separated from Daryl. We bonded during the second day that I was at the prison. He was like a dad to me. Carl and I also bonded very quickly during the second day. I kept following the foot prints, hoping to find them. I sighed once again, as I wiped blood off of my lip. I kept my pistol in the pouch, and continued to walk. It started to get dark, and I found a nice and safe place to sleep. I took my pistol out quickly and examined the car, finding no walkers. I lay down in the back seat, slowly falling asleep.
        I woke up, and quickly got out of the car. Yawning, I started to walk along the road again. I walked for hours, when the road turned into a tarred road. I walked along it, not seeing any more foot prints to follow. I went down onto my knees, and closed one eye as I looked up towards the sky. I looked back down at the ground, when I heard a voice that I have heard before. "Carl?" I whispered, as I slowly stood up. I heard gun shots, and quickly took my sword out. I started to jog towards the voice, seeing nothing. I sighed and put my sword away. The day went by very quick, and the sky started to turn black. I sat beside a tree, shivering. I saw a house and decided to go in it. Examining the house, I saw writing on a door.
        Walker inside.
        Got my shoe, didn't get me.
        I smiled and quickly opened the door, killing the walker. I looked inside the room, when I saw one of Carl's shoes. I leaned against the wall, sitting down on the ground. I put my head to the side, falling asleep. 
        I woke up, and slowly stood up. I put my sword away, and picked up Carl's shoe. I found a white house as I walked outside, with a huge can of pudding in the road in front of it. I started to slowly walk towards the house. I grabbed a grip of my sword, and looked in the window, seeing Rick and Carl sitting on the floor. I walked over to the front door, and knocked. It took a couple of minutes, when Carl opened the door. I saw him smile, as we quickly hugged. We both let go. "Are you okay?" he asked, looking at the cuts on my face. "Yeah, i'm fine," I answered, and he nodded. I looked over at Rick, and hugged him. I looked at all of Rick's injuries. I smiled and looked around, and started to walk around the house. I turned back around, seeing Carl pouring cereal into a bowl. He handed it to me. "Eat," he said. I nodded, and sat at the table.
        He sat in a chair next to me. "We're going to have to go on a supply run," he said, looking towards where his dad was. "Alright," I answered, continuing to eat. He smiled and stood, attaching the pouch for his gun on his leg. "I'll go tell my dad, and we should get going when you're done," he said, as he walked into the living room. I looked around, and sighed happily. I finished and left the bowl on the table. I adjusted my sword, and walked into the living room. I saw that Carl found his shoe, and he grabbed his bag. "Alright, let's go," he said smiling, and I followed him out of the house. We walked inside each house, finding food and water. 
        Carl grabbed the last can, and he started back to the house. "So," he started. "What happened to you?" he asked, as I saw him looking at the cuts on my face. "Oh, well, let's just say I went through a lot finding you guys," I answered, and looked back towards where we were walking. I heard a walker, and quickly got out my sword. I held it up, and I saw a walker walking over. Carl turned, taking out his gun. "Carl, I got this," I said, so he could handle the weight of the supplies without having to worry about a walker. I walked over to the walker, and cut its head off. It fell over, dead. I put my sword away, and we continued to walk to the house. 
        We walked inside, and I went into the bathroom. I grabbed a cloth I found, and started to clean off my cuts. I walked back out to the kitchen, and realized how dark it got at night. I sat on the ground near Carl, his dad sleeping on the couch. Carl was sleeping, and I lay on the ground, falling asleep.
        I woke up, seeing that Carl and Rick were in the kitchen. I stood, and walked into the kitchen, leaving my sword in the living room. I sat at the table with them. "Morning," Rick said, as he ate. "Morning," I answered, looking around. "So, where do you guys think the others went?" I asked, a bit worried. "I have no clue," Carl answered, looking up at me. I nodded and looked out the window. I saw no walkers, instead seeing a bunch of trees. I went upstairs, and found three sweat shirts. I took the three of them, and brought them down stairs. I handed one to Rick, and one to Carl, hoping they would fit them. They smiled and tried them on, and they fit. I grabbed my sword pouch, and put it on, along with my gun pouch.
        "We have to leave," Rick started. "We have to keep going." I nodded as we grabbed light foods. We started walking, and I knew that it was going to be another long day of walking. We walked into the woods, and Rick made a snare. I watched, curious to see how it was made. He turned back around, and made a small fire. I stood slowly, hearing a snap of twigs. Carl and Rick looked around, slowly getting their guns. I grabbed my sword, looking around. I saw the walkers, and jogged over, killing them. I sighed as I put my sword away, and sat at the fire with Rick and Carl. It remained silent, and I looked at the fire. We sat for hours, when something got caught in the snare. "I'm gonna go see what we got," Rick said, standing. "Want me to go?" Carl asked. Rick looked over. "How else you gonna learn?" Rick answered, and we both followed.
        He explained what to do, and we walked back over to the fire. We started to eat the small rabbit caught, all of us being hungry. The night sky started to come, and we walked to the road, seeing a truck. Rick made another fire in front of the truck, as Carl sat in the front seat of the truck, falling asleep. I stayed by the fire with Rick, not being tired. "You know, Carl didn't want to leave you behind," he said, while keeping the fire going. "Really?" I asked, and he nodded. It fell silent, when suddenly someone put a gun to Rick's head. I tried to reach for my sword, when someone kicked it away, holding a gun to my head. I looked over at the truck, seeing a man tapping the window to wake Carl up. I tried to quickly get up, but the man holding a gun to my head pushed me back down onto my knees.
        Suddenly, I saw Daryl walk over. "Hold up," Daryl said. "You're stopping me at eight, Daryl," the man holding a gun to Rick's head answered. He had talked to Rick, but I wasn't listening. "These people, they're good people," Daryl assured him, looking over at us. The man shook his head. "They killed one of my men," the man replied. I looked over at Carl, a man holding a knife to his neck. I squinted angrily and turned back to Daryl. "Look, you want blood, I get it. But get it out of me," Daryl said, dropping his weapons. I heard someone slapping someone, and turned to see the man slapped Carl. Suddenly the other men started to beat him up, and Carl was being tackled by the man. I angrily stood, quickly taking the a mans gun. The man who was pointing a gun at me. Rick had done the same. I shot the man.
        Rick fought the other man, and I quickly grabbed my sword, as Rick killed the man. I pointed a gun at the man putting a knife to Carl's neck. "I will kill him!" he threatened, and I kept the gun pointed. "I got him," Rick said, walking over to the man. He let go of Carl, and Carl quickly walked over to me. We hugged, quickly turning back to see Rick stabbing the man, and dragging the knife up until it got to his neck. The man feel backwards, lifeless. Daryl walked over, and I hugged him. He hugged me back, soon letting go. "You guys should get some rest," he said, and Carl and I walked into the truck. He sat in the far seat, and I lay down, resting my head on his lap. I slowly fell asleep, exhausted.
        I woke up, noticing that everyone was outside. I sat up, and got out of the truck. I walked outside, seeing Carl, Rick, and Daryl getting ready to move on. I grabbed my sword pouch and gun pouch, and put them on. We all nodded and started to walk along the road.