Chapter 7

The night sky started to fall in, and that's when I started to get worried. What if a walker got him? What if he couldn't find the town? I thought, sighing. I closed my eyes, slowly falling asleep, as I thought about where he could be.
        I woke up, and looked around, to see that Carl still wasn't here. I sighed and tried to stand, but there was too much pain in my leg. I choked down tears, and started to thing the worst thing that could happen. I tried to stand, but fell back down, and it felt like I got pushed down. I sighed and tried again, only to fail once again. I heard twigs snap and turned, only to see a walker, its arms out at me. I slowly grabbed my sword as it walked over. I gave it a chance to bend down, when I put my arms out at full length, stabbing the sword into its head. It fell back, and I put my sword next to me. I coughed and looked around. I looked in the direction in which Carl went, and went onto my knees. I squinted, grabbed my sword, and weakly stood. "I have to make sure he's okay," I mumbled, as I started walking where he went.
        I walked for hours and hours, still unable to find him. I choked down tears. I looked up at the sun, keeping one eye closed. I looked back towards the road, opening both of my eyes. I sighed, when I saw a sign. I limped over to it. Town! 15 Miles Ahead! it read. I looked at the road, when I recognized it. Maybe he went to town, I thought. I started to walk in that direction, hoping that I was right.
        Dusk started to fall, but I continued to walk anyway. I kept tears in as my eyes watered. I saw a building, and started to try to run. I suddenly heard twigs crack and turned, seeing walkers. I gasped and looked around for the quickest way away. I started to run again, going into the woods across the road. I lost track of the walkers, and found a spot to rest. I sat, put my head in my lap, my arms crossed on my knees, and cried. I just couldn't hold it in any longer. I sniffled and lifted my head up. I tried to think more positive. Everything is going to be okay... I thought. I closed my eyes, falling into a deep sleep.
        I woke up, only seeing my leg getting worse. I sighed and slowly stood. I grabbed my gun and sword, and put them in the pouches. I started to walk towards the town again. I looked back slightly. I sighed and turned back towards the town. I continued to walk towards it. I looked at the ground, hoping that Carl was okay.
        I kept my gun up as I heard twigs snapping. I looked in the direction of it, when I saw a living person. I squinted, when I saw the hat. "Carl!" I yelled. I ran over to him and hugged him, and he hugged me back. I held in tears of joy, when we let go. He looked at my leg. "I got a few things," he said, handing me water, peroxide, and bandages.
        I rubbed the peroxide on the cut, then bandaged it. "Thanks," I said, and he looked over. "No problem," he answered, smiling. I looked up towards the sun. "Did you find anybody from the group?" I asked, looking at him. He shook his head. "I bet they are looking for us," he answered. I nodded. I sighed as I rested my head against the tree behind me. Carl sat next to me. "Do you think they're okay?" I asked, looking at him. He nodded. "I'm sure they're fine," he answered. I smiled slightly, and rested my head on his shoulder. I closed my eyes, being tired after all of the walking in the last couple of days. I slowly fell asleep, happy that Carl was okay.
        I woke up, seeing Carl still asleep. I took my head off of his shoulder, and looked at him. I smiled slightly and looked at the town. I'm really glad to be back with Carl, I thought. I looked back towards him. I moved my head back towards the town. Carl came up beside me. "Should we go look for them?" he asked, and I faced him. "Yeah," I answered, and we both stood. We started heading in the direction of the town.
        We walked into the town, both of us keeping our guns up and staying alert. I heard a man yelling, and lifted my head. I saw Daryl fighting off walkers. I looked over at Carl. We ran up, shooting at the walkers. We killed the rest of them, then Daryl came into sight. I ran over to him and hugged him. He hugged me back, and we let go. I walked back over beside Carl. "We should get back to the group," Daryl said, as he spit. I nodded, and Carl and I followed him back to the group. Rick ran over to Carl and hugged him, and I kept walking. I stopped and turned back around, waiting for everyone to come. I slightly sighed, and looked at the sky.
        I followed Daryl into a house we were searching. Rick wanted Carl to stay back with him. I opened the door to a bedroom, and a walker was inside. I tried to hold the door back, but it was too strong. I fell, landing on my back. I shot, hitting it in the head. I coughed and slowly stood, looking down at it. I walked back downstairs, seeing that Daryl was looking for food in the kitchen. Aaron and our group did our own things, and we basically stayed in the woods most of the time. He grabbed cereal, canned foods, and water. He handed some to me. Carl had given me his bag to put stuff in. I put the food in it. I walked down the hall, and found blankets. They were clean. I grabbed them, and put them in the bag. Daryl and I left the house, and started to walk back to the others.
        We finally got into town, and Carl walked over. He grabbed the bag, and I followed him into the building that we were staying in. Erik's little town gave us our own building, since we are a huge group. I walked into the bedroom that Carl, Daryl, Rick and I stayed in. There are two bunk beds in one room. I lay in the bottom bunk on the right, and Daryl went to the top of it. Carl lay in the bottom one on the left, Rick on the top. We decided the adults would go on top, espically for my sake. I relaxed my head on my pillow, and slowly fell asleep.
        I woke up, seeing that Rick and Daryl were already up. Carl was also just waking up. I slowly stood, and grabbed my sword and pistol. I put the pouches on, and walked into the small kitchen. I sat at the table, holding my head up with my hands. Carl walked in, and sat at the table. "You okay?" he asked as he looked at me. I nodded and looked at him. I had a feeling today was going to be a sad day. . .