Chapter 11

I put my gun on the ground, along with my sword, then ran into the river. I could feel my clothes quickly getting wet, as I relaxed in the water. I saw Carl put his hat and gun down, and he came in. He splashed me, and I quickly sat up. He chuckled, and I splashed him back. He swam over, and dunked my head under the water. He quickly let my head up, and I coughed water out of my mouth. I pounced on him, forcing his head under water. He lifted it up, forcing me to land on my back. We both laughed and he brushed his wet hair back.
        We started to walk back to the group, succesfully finding a small rabbit. "Well, now we'll only get in trouble for one thing," I said, laughing. Carl laughed, as we walked along. "Yeah, that's a good thing," he answered. I looked up at the sky, seeing dusk starting to come. Carl and I started to jog to the road.
        We saw the group, and Rick looked over, as our shirts dripped with water. "What happened to you guys?" he asked, laughing. Carl and I glanced at each other. "Let's just say, we went for a swim with our clothes on," I answered, laughing. Yes, my shirt and pants were uncomftorably wet. But did it matter? No! I had fun with Carl, and that was what I stayed living for.
        We sat down, as everyone went to sleep. Neither of us able to sleep, we just talked. "So, what was your dad like?" Carl asked curiously. "Well, let's just say he was very protective," I answered. He nodded. "My dad's the same way," he commented. "I noticed," I said, giggling. He chuckled. I slightly leaned my head back, starting to get tired. My head rested on Carl's chest, as he brushed through my hair. I slowly fell asleep.
        I woke up, and Carl was already awake. He stayed where he was from the night before. I slowly moved my head up, and sat next to him. He slightly pushed me playfully and I fell over, still tired. I didn't even move, but tensed up. We both started to laugh, and I quickly sat up, a bit embarrassed. I looked like a log being pushed over. I covered my mouth a bit, trying to be quiet. I looked around, seeing that Daryl wasn't here. Huh? I thought, as I sat up. "He left to go try to find any sign of people," Carl assured me, since he knew I was looking for Daryl. I nodded and relaxed. I leaned back against the tree, and heard a walker. Carl and I looked at each other, then quickly stood. Carl went one way, and I went the other, as we looked for the walker.
        The last walker landed on top of the other one on top of me, and I threw my head against the ground. I breathed heavily, for I was running from these walkers for a long time. Not only that, but they landed on me. I squirmed my way away from under them, and grabbed my gun. I coughed and wiped sweat off of my fore head. I walked back to the road, slightly limping after all of the weight forced onto my leg.
        Carl wasn't back, so he must have found other walkers. I heard a gun shot, and quickly grabbed my sword. "Carl?" I slightly yelled. I started to jog to where I thought he was. I saw a dead walker on the ground, and he was walking towards the road. I put my sword away as he walked over. We walked back to the road. I sat back on the ground, and saw Daryl. He walked over. "Any towns or anything?" I asked him as he sat down. He shook his head. "Nope, no signs," he answered. I slightly sighed. I mean, I was fine with the group, but having some other people every once and a while isn't a bad thing.
        I stayed sitting next to Carl, and ignored the hunger building up in my stomach. I drew in the dirt with a stick, drawing random lines. Carl looked over, and he stood. I looked up as his stood, and he came back with a stick. He started to draw also, and I smiled slightly. Neither of us drew anything specific, but instead we both drew random lines. Rick and Daryl looked over, and we kept drawing.
        Night started to fall, and we haven't eaten anything in days. I started to get hungry, and remembered about the rabbit. I grabbed the pouch and got it out, and everyone looked over. I handed it to Rick, and he nodded.
        We all ate, even though it was almost midnight. I finished and lay down, looking up at all of the stars and visible planets. I sighed and closed my eyes, falling asleep.
        I woke up, and noticed only Glenn and Daryl were up. I noticed Carl next to me, and slowly sat up, making sure not to wake him up. I slowly stood, and walked over to where Daryl and Glenn were. I sat next to Daryl. "Sleep good?" he asked me. "Yeah," I answered. "I just need some water." He looked over. "I can go get some if you need," he said. I shook my head. "No, it's fine. You leave a lot," I said. "Yeah I know," he answered. It fell silent.
        The others woke up, and we all started moving along again. We moved off of the road to go find water. We arrived at a river, and we all sat at the shore. I watched as they drank water, and moved closer to the water. I got some water, and drank it. I sat by the edge of the water. Carl sat next to me, and I looked over at him. He splashed my face with water, and it dripped from my chin. I opened my eyes and we both laughed. I wiped the water off of my face. Rick and the others got their share of water, stood, and started walking. I slightly sighed, and stood.
        We walked until dusk fell, not even sure if we're going the right way or not. We finally stopped, and I sat next to Carl. I rested my head on his shoulder as we looked at the small fire. I closed my eyes, falling into a deep sleep.
        I woke up, seeing it was still night. Wondering what I woke up to, I looked around. I heard whimpering, and slowly stood, careful not to wake Carl up. I saw the same German Shepard from in the town, and slowly walked up to it. I slightly looked back at everyone, then kept walking towards the dog. I kneeled down and it tilted its head. I saw a collar, and held the tag in my palm. "Scout," I whispered. Scout's tail wagged, and he licked my face. I pet him and brought him back to the group. I hid him behind a tree, and lay next to him. I pet his soft fur, slowly falling back asleep.
        I woke up, seeing Scout still there. I pet him, and he barked. Carl looked over, and my eyes slightly widened. "Uh-," I started. Carl walked over. "You found a dog, didn't you," he asked me. I sighed and nodded. Scout walked next to me, his tail wagging. "We can't just let him die out here," I said. Carl sighed and sat next to me. "I'm not sure how my dad's going to react. Probably not in a positive way," he assured me. I pet Scout, and looked back at Carl. He sighed. "Alright, let's get back to the group then," he said, standing.